ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skumarireland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship Applications From 2020 Pending Approval

Post by skumarireland » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:26 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:50 pm
skumarireland wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:30 pm
Hi All,

I've applied on 16/09/2020 & not received evetting request as-well, anyone on the same situation ?
Its worth reading the Citizenship 2020 application timeline thread and apparently people have just recently obtained approval without evetting.

So Citizenship team may or may not request evetting in your case. Its not a big deal if they do last minute as evetting process takes about 3 weeks max.
Thanks raja.brit , looks few application they have approved without evetting

skumarireland
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by skumarireland » Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:30 pm

Is it worth to send email and ask the status on application progress? no updates on the application yet applied 16/09/2020.

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:45 pm

skumarireland wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:26 pm
raja.brit wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:50 pm
skumarireland wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:30 pm
Hi All,

I've applied on 16/09/2020 & not received evetting request as-well, anyone on the same situation ?
Its worth reading the Citizenship 2020 application timeline thread and apparently people have just recently obtained approval without evetting.

So Citizenship team may or may not request evetting in your case. Its not a big deal if they do last minute as evetting process takes about 3 weeks max.
Thanks raja.brit , looks few application they have approved without evetting

Yes ..I got approval letter after 3 years I never got any evetting ..

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:20 pm

How long did it take you to receive the certificate of naturalisation after your paid/submitted your loyalty to the state?

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:21 pm

_pikachu wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:20 pm
How long did it take you to receive the certificate of naturalisation after your paid/submitted your loyalty to the state?
Its been over two weeks since I got approval letter, paid Euro 950 and sent declaration of fidelity, haven't got certificate yet.

As per approval letter it can take up to 6 weeks but if you go through timeline thread seems it can take between 10 days to 45 days.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:07 pm

Hi,

Did anybody have to provide a police report from abroad? I got a request today. How do one get the police report?

Thanks

Dub23
Ireland

Post by Dub23 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:12 pm

It depends in which country you lived in before Ireland.

You would probably have to reach out that countries police department or maybe send their embassy in Ireland an email and ask them how to get the report.
NF13 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:07 pm
Hi,

Did anybody have to provide a police report from abroad? I got a request today. How do one get the police report?

Thanks

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:15 pm

NF13 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Its a bit odd in my opinion why they are asking PCC from you after your evetting was completed.

I know of people (mostly non-eu) who were requested this in the initial stage of application.

If you don’t mind me asking, are you a non-eu citizen?

Also did you stay outside Ireland for 6 weeks since you lived in Ireland ?

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:57 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:15 pm
NF13 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Its a bit odd in my opinion why they are asking PCC from you after your evetting was completed.

I know of people (mostly non-eu) who were requested this in the initial stage of application.

I was living in the UK for 10 years before coming over to live in Ireland. I have live in Ireland almost 10 years now. I am a non-eu.

They are asking for UK police report.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:44 pm

NF13 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:57 pm
raja.brit wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

I was living in the UK for 10 years before coming over to live in Ireland. I have live in Ireland almost 10 years now. I am a non-eu.

They are asking for UK police report.

That is not uncommon. Very easy n quick to get a Police report from UK. They have a £95 for a 2 day premium service.

I know of EU Citizens who were asked Police Clearance from the UK where they used to live.

Its makes me wonder I will be asked the same coz I used to live there but hold British Citizenship, ha.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:34 pm

I tried calling the numbers provided on the letter about the naturalisation certificate, but the numbers are out of order/disconnected. Have you got through to the naturalisation certificate department?

Magnan
Newly Registered
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by Magnan » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:18 pm

I applied in June 2020. No second letter. Received approval today. Keep the faith

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:36 pm

raja.brit wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

I have not lived over 6 weeks since living in Ireland. Do I still need to send in the police report? Some where in the thread I found previously that police report was asked but he wrote back and then it was not required. Have you seen this before?

siseñor
Saudi Arabia

Post by siseñor » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:38 pm

Magnan wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:18 pm
I applied in June 2020. No second letter. Received approval today. Keep the faith
Congratulations and thanks for giving us some hope! The silence has been quite depressing to be honest especially knowing that getting the passport is going to be another 3 or 4 months even.

raja.brit
Member of Standing
Jamaica

Post by raja.brit » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:00 pm

NF13 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:36 pm
raja.brit wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

I have not lived over 6 weeks since living in Ireland. Do I still need to send in the police report? Some where in the thread I found previously that police report was asked but he wrote back and then it was not required. Have you seen this before?
Nope.

Well if they are asking why dodge it? It will only delay the application.

NF13
Ireland

Post by NF13 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:13 pm

raja.brit wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:00 pm
NF13 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:36 pm
raja.brit wrote:
NF13 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Nope.

Well if they are asking why dodge it? It will only delay the application.

UK police cert already paid the premium and waiting for it to arrive anyday now.

But they also asked from my origin country. I left my origin country like 20 years ago. It just doesn't make sense why they asking for it. Anyhow, I have requested from my origin country.

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:29 am

Anybody waiting for Certificate after getting approval in Feb ?

I got approval on 10th Feb, sent declaration, paid 950 euro on same day. Citizenship payment was process on same day as well.

Still awaiting for certificate. Today mark 3 weeks.

_pikachu
Mood:
United States of America

Post by _pikachu » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:21 pm

amolbawate wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:29 am
Anybody waiting for Certificate after getting approval in Feb ?

I got approval on 10th Feb, sent declaration, paid 950 euro on same day. Citizenship payment was process on same day as well.

Still awaiting for certificate. Today mark 3 weeks.
Yes, I was approved February 8th, paid the fee and all immediately. I'm still waiting. I tried calling the number provided, but it's our of service. I even tried to get my letter seen by writing "declaration " on both the front and the back. If I don't have it by Monday, I'm going to write to them and explain that passport applications are even more backlogged than ever and that I want to hurry and apply for the passport, with hope to receive the passport before summer's end.

amolbawate
Ireland

Post by amolbawate » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:54 am

Received my certificate today. Date on certificate is of 7th March. End of one journey onto second journey (passport)

Best of luck for everyone waiting. Hopefully you will hear good news soon.

John304
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by John304 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:40 pm

Hello, Please I have question I applyed in November 2020 for citizenship,
I am EU citizen, and I am working part time since 2019 as a school bus driver and I receive money for 2 days of work and QA for my girlfriend as she cant find work she want, I never get speeding fine or conviction, Do anyone know if I will get approval? I have as well letter from employer as he states his company support my application for citizenship.

Today I got a letter they wrote: Your application is being proccessed with a view to establishing wheter you meet the statutory condition for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the Mintister for the decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquiries are comlete and all requied documentation has been compiled. Otherwise you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Ministers decision on your application.
CMU1

OneWorld2122
Ireland

Post by OneWorld2122 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:57 pm

If you meet all the required criteria and good character check then don’t know why you should not get the approval, it’s the matter of time but final decision is always of minister.

I don’t think your salary or hours of work impact your application and same for your GF as she is not married or dependent, so should not have any impact on your application.

John304 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:40 pm
Hello, Please I have question I applyed in November 2020 for citizenship,
I am EU citizen, and I am working part time since 2019 as a school bus driver and I receive money for 2 days of work and QA for my girlfriend as she cant find work she want, I never get speeding fine or conviction, Do anyone know if I will get approval? I have as well letter from employer as he states his company support my application for citizenship.

Today I got a letter they wrote: Your application is being proccessed with a view to establishing wheter you meet the statutory condition for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the Mintister for the decision as expeditiously as possible as soon as our enquiries are comlete and all requied documentation has been compiled. Otherwise you will receive a letter in due course informing you of the Ministers decision on your application.
CMU1

LOD
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by LOD » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:00 pm

HI All

I have been reading this forum for a year. It is a well of information !..I just wanted to contribute with my timeline:

• Applied on June 2020 / Irish Spouse stamp 4
• Letter asking for documents August 2020
• Letter stating application being processed October 2021
• Letter requesting Garda Vetting online. January 2022 / sent out the form but they never sent me a link to fill the vetting.
• Email sent to INIS asking how far along is my application/ answer “ is being processed “
* March 10th letter sent by solicitor FOI and first warning
* approval letter Thurs 10th March

I was absolutely fuming about the long wait. I had asked a solicitor and I was told to keep waiting , I was told this twice. After reading this forum I realized that people were requesting FOI’, asking their solicitors to send warning letters, JR and the rest. I was wondering why my own solicitor would not go for this but instead asked me to keep waiting and wasting my time.

I decided to go to a different solicitor, he is from Pakistan and the right off the bat struck me as someone who was proactive and understood how hard is to wait for an answer. He guaranteed me he will get my citizenship in 2 weeks or else before June 2022.

I went to him on Monday and that very day he requested the FOI which he go the next day. Today is Thursday and I have received my citizenship letter !!...
What I’m trying to say is that it does pay to spend money to get help to move your case forward, I know for a fact now that my case was sleeping on someone’s desk. I had sent an email on January asking INIS to tell me how far along was my file, they replied just 2 weeks ago telling me “still processing “.
It seems that had I not got my solicitor to ask for FOI and warned about JR I could have still been waiting until June 2022..
A few extra points:
I have been in the country 11 years.
NB : I was asked for the garda vetting never go the link and still got my approval .

ZA2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ZA2020 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Thanks for sharing.can i ask how much did he charge you for this?thanks

LOD
Newly Registered
Chile

Post by LOD » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:46 pm

500 for all the letters needed until I got the citizenship and 500 after I got it.

I can only say is so much worth it, he did something for me no one else did, listen and acted with urgency.
I genuinely think INIS doesn't care and leaves files waiting until someone pesters them

ZA2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by ZA2020 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:57 pm

LOD wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:46 pm
500 for all the letters needed until I got the citizenship and 500 after I got it.

I can only say is so much worth it, he did something for me no one else did, listen and acted with urgency.
I genuinely think INIS doesn't care and leaves files waiting until someone pesters them
Thanks alot