ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in Ireland traveling before having Irish passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Narbukra
Ireland

Re-entry visa for minors under 16 suspended vs new passport

Post by Narbukra » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:05 pm

Hi All

My son who is under 15, needs to travel in April.

According to the Minister for Justice decision to suspend re-entry visas from 15 November, 2021, minors would not require a re-entry visa until after 31 May 2022.
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... -under-16/

My son's re-entry visa and passport already expired early february. He will have a new passport.
Anyone knows if he keeps the old passport with the re-entry visa that expired in February 2022, would that be OK to travel? Or he needs to apply for a re-entry visa with the new passport?

Thanks!

Narbukra
Ireland

Baby born in Ireland traveling before having Irish passport

Post by Narbukra » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:10 pm

Hello

My baby born in Ireland was just registered for birth but we have not applied for her Irish passport yet.
We know that if we apply for an Irish passport it will take long while we need to travel early April.
She will have a non-EU passport soon. Does she need a re-entry visa with her non-EU passport to be able to travel?
Is there any other document we may use to travel with her non-EU passport, providing that she was born in Ireland and had an Irish birth certificate and that her dada holds an Irish passport?

Thank you