ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ILR to Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maddy_1992
Russia

Tier 2 ILR to Citizenship

Post by Maddy_1992 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 am

Guys

I am ever so sorry if the below has been asked before but having searched through the forum i couldn't find what i am looking for.

I received my ILR in October 2020 (5 year Tier 2 route after a number of Tier 4 visas ) and now looking to apply for my citizenship. May i clarify if the below is the right list of documents i should be aiming to prepare:

- My current passport
- BRP
- Letter from my current employer confirming my employment and absences from the country (in line with the stamps in the passport). I actually changed jobs (from my Tier 2 sponsor) in July 2021 - do i need to request a letter from my previous employer also ?
- My degree certificate
- Confirmation of my Life in the UK Test (obtained in July 2020)

Do i need to be including anything else? Should i be including proof of my previous employment (similar to the one i filed for my IRL)? Any Bank statements ?

greatly appreciate your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 ILR to Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:04 pm

- Letter from my current employer confirming my employment and absences from the country (in line with the stamps in the passport). I actually changed jobs (from my Tier 2 sponsor) in July 2021 - do i need to request a letter from my previous employer also ?
None of this is required.
Should i be including proof of my previous employment (similar to the one i filed for my IRL)? Any Bank statements ?
Neither is any if this required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

strong_and_stable
Cook Islands

Post by strong_and_stable » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Maddy_1992 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 am
Do i need to be including anything else?
greatly appreciate your help!
You'll also need to find two referees and have them complete this form:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

The link to this form will also be provided to you after you submit your application, but I recommend starting early. For some applicants it is stressful finding suitable referees. Starting now can accelerate your application.

Just make sure your referee does not sign the form any earlier than one month before the day you submit your application (i.e. make payment).
You must scan the completed forms as a PDF and submit them on the UKVCAS website after applying.
"Strong and stable government in the national interest" -Theresa May, Home Secretary (2010-2016)

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:04 pm
None of this is required.
Should i be including proof of my previous employment (similar to the one i filed for my IRL)? Any Bank statements ?
Neither is any if this required.
Thank you. As per my application (online) they are asking for the following:

- Miss X proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions: i am going to use by BRP

but they also require

-Proof of living in the UK for X for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen. If you re non EEA you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the relevant 3- or 5-year period.

My question is: what would be the best document to serve as proof? A letter from my previous employer (Tier 2 sponsor) ?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:36 pm

Proof of living in the UK is your passport(s) only!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:36 pm
Proof of living in the UK is your passport(s) only!
thank you. Got slightly confused as passport is also listed separately

Maddy_1992
Russia

Post by Maddy_1992 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:25 am

I have just submitted and paid for my application. My referee declarations were signed by my friends on 22/02 and 10/02 - just to check having them signed the paperwork before the payment was made will note pose any issues ? Logically the forms should be signed after the application has been made ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:34 am

No issue - there's no specific guidance regarding the dates when referee signs. Clearly it should be close to before or after the application.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.