ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EU with PSS (RRR) trying to bring NON EU spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bollox
United Kingdom

NON EU with PSS (RRR) trying to bring NON EU spouse

Post by Bollox » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:23 pm

Hello all
Hoping to get some suggestions and answers, I have queries and concerns as to what should be my approach in terms of below-
I am non EU citizen with Pre-settled status (through retained right of residence). I will be eligible for Settled status in November 2022.
I am married now to Non EU citizen who is living in India. She is pregnant and baby is due in Oct 2022.
Will I be able to bring my wife before I get Settled status in November 2022?
If not then what will be my options once we have baby (Oct 22) and I get my settled status (Nov 22) – will I have to sponsor both my wife and child via UK visa rules?
Once I have the settled status, is my child eligible for ILR/British citizenship? Even though child will be born before I will have my settled status.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NON EU with PSS (RRR) trying to bring NON EU spouse

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:50 pm

Will I be able to bring my wife before I get Settled status in November 2022?
No.
If not then what will be my options once we have baby (Oct 22) and I get my settled status (Nov 22) – will I have to sponsor both my wife and child via UK visa rules?
Yes. This is the only way you can bring a spouse by applying for a spouse and child visa and meeting the English and financial requirements.
Once I have the settled status, is my child eligible for ILR/British citizenship? Even though child will be born before I will have my settled status.
No. The child will follow the same immigration path as your spouse.

You were advised of this already in 2020 when you asked

eea-route-applications/pre-settled-stat ... l#p1975712
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.