ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job search/Cost of living/Rent, Please help, EC cleared

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AC77
Newly Registered

Job search/Cost of living/Rent, Please help, EC cleared

Post by AC77 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi All,

I got my EC on march 22, 2005 from DElhi, India.

I plan to arrive in the UK in the month of May 2005.
I have no close friends and relatives in UK. I am IT professional
(Embedded Software Engineer, 4+ yrs Exp). I am single and will be
travelling alone.
It would really helpful if I could get some information regarding
the following....

1) Which part of London is inexpensive to stay initially in terms of
rent ? Please tell some place which is not expensive, but is well
connected in terms of commuting/traveling.

2) What are the approximate monthly costs for rent (with electricity/water), phone, internet usage and food ?

3) Though I have been searching for job right through after my EC clearance, I haven't got anything done. I will have to find a job after landing in the UK. Please give me some tips regarding job search.

Waiting eagerly for some reply.

Thanks and regards
AC77

sagarjv

Hi

Post by sagarjv » Tue May 17, 2005 11:19 pm

Hi,
its a bit late to reply...but if u r still looking for answers for ur queries..

1) Which part of London is inexpensive to stay initially in terms of
rent ? Please tell some place which is not expensive, but is well
connected in terms of commuting/traveling.
A: When I came in, I stayed in Wembley, london. this is the area where u can find lot of IND people. and rents also cheaper. This area is connected with most of the london through Underground trains as well as buses.
2) What are the approximate monthly costs for rent (with electricity/water), phone, internet usage and food ?
A: Approx: Rent 180 - 250 pounds, phone and Net - approx 30-40 pounds (NTL package), food it depends on us but it will not exceed 100 pounds.
3) Though I have been searching for job right through after my EC clearance, I haven't got anything done. I will have to find a job after landing in the UK. Please give me some tips regarding job search.
A: Based on my experience, I would advice u to post ur CV on jobserve.co.uk, monster.co.uk, itjobsboard.com, cwjobs.co.uk. Most of the companies/consultants post jobs on these sites. So, search for jobs on these sites and apply through the sites.

Hope the info provided is useful.

All the best.

Regards,
Sagar