ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension - wrongly key in old IHS number

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suzanneee
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Spouse Visa Extension - wrongly key in old IHS number

Post by suzanneee » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:47 pm

Hi all, I have an urgent query. I have submitted my spouse extension visa and paid the application fees. Now that I realize there was no prompt to pay the IHS fees because i have put my old IHS reference number in the application. I am quite freaking out now and hoping anyone here have encountered this situation before and how do i rectify this? i am due to attend the appointment to submit my passport and biometric card.

Any inputs will be much appreciated. Thank you x

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Extension - wrongly key in old IHS number

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:47 am

They will contact you to pay the IHS fees
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

suzanneee
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by suzanneee » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:30 pm

Thank you Zimba, appreciate your response x Should i proceed to attend the bio-metric appointment? and any idea when they will call to pay the IHS? Just for clarity, the IHS number i have put in my application is an invalid one for payment of my visa in 2019.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:46 pm

Go ahead. They will email you to pay the IHS again
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

suzanneee
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by suzanneee » Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:18 pm

Hi Zimba. Thank you so much. i have called up the UKVI hotline and they have given me 3 option: 1. withdraw the application (and request for refund) and resubmit via a different email address 2. email technical error solution team see if they can rectify the application (the officer could not guarantee if this can be done) 3. go ahead with the application but submit a covering letter mentioning about the error and request a prompt to pay IHS (he said many has gone by this option). I will go either option 1 or 3, hopefully can be resolved.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:34 pm

suzanneee wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:18 pm
Hi Zimba. Thank you so much. i have called up the UKVI hotline and they have given me 3 option: 1. withdraw the application (and request for refund) and resubmit via a different email address 2. email technical error solution team see if they can rectify the application (the officer could not guarantee if this can be done) 3. go ahead with the application but submit a covering letter mentioning about the error and request a prompt to pay IHS (he said many has gone by this option). I will go either option 1 or 3, hopefully can be resolved.
They will email you to pay for the IHS fee as mentioned by Zimba above OR you can also pay for the IHS online and attached the receipt it to the application form and then write a cover letter explaining the situation. Both options have worked out to be fine.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.