ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Application time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vini81
Brazil

Re: FLR(FP) Application time

Post by Vini81 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 pm

Hello,

I have just got a message from someone here from this forum and she applied for a fee waiver on the 17th of January and got a decision today. I have applied myself on 26th and still waiting for a response. I have not heard from HO since submitting the application.

I think its taking around 5 weeks for them to process.

If you have applied before your current visa has expired, you will have 10 days to submit your FLR FP once you get a decision with regards to the fee waiver. If successful, they will give provide you with a code so you can go past the payment page without having to pay for the fee. If they reject your request, then you'll also have 10 days to rob the Bank of England and get the money to apy for the application as there's no other way. You can't appeal if they refuse.(Please don't take the Bank of England thing seriously).

Since you've applied before your visa expired, you'll be fine. Just sit and relax, no reason to stress about it as it's out of your hands now.

Everyone, feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong.

Best wishes

Wahid2022 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:08 pm
Hello every one?

My flr fp 4th renewal expires on 26.03.2022 i applied for fee waiver on 11.02.2022 i have not received reply yet it says waiting for update. My question is if my visa expires before i receieve reply for fee waiver what happens then? And if they dont give me fee waiver and my visa expires what happens then? If any one has applied for fee waiver how long does it take to process?

Thank you

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:50 pm

Vini81 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:31 pm
Hello,

I have just got a message from someone here from this forum and she applied for a fee waiver on the 17th of January and got a decision today. I have applied myself on 26th and still waiting for a response. I have not heard from HO since submitting the application.

I think its taking around 5 weeks for them to process.

If you have applied before your current visa has expired, you will have 10 days to submit your FLR FP once you get a decision with regards to the fee waiver. If successful, they will give provide you with a code so you can go past the payment page without having to pay for the fee. If they reject your request, then you'll also have 10 days to rob the Bank of England and get the money to pay for the application as there's no other way. You can't appeal if they refuse.(Please don't take the Bank of England thing seriously).

Since you've applied before your visa expired, you'll be fine. Just sit back and relax, no reason to stress about it as it's out of your hands now.

Everyone, feel free to correct me if I said anything wrong.

Best wishes

Wahid2022 wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:08 pm
Hello every one?

My flr fp 4th renewal expires on 26.03.2022 i applied for fee waiver on 11.02.2022 i have not received reply yet it says waiting for update. My question is if my visa expires before i receieve reply for fee waiver what happens then? And if they dont give me fee waiver and my visa expires what happens then? If any one has applied for fee waiver how long does it take to process?

Thank you

Adebim
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adebim » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:38 am

I don't why mine too so long.

Vini81
Brazil

Post by Vini81 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:35 am

How long?

Adebim
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Adebim » Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:53 am

Now 4 month for just fee waiver with a dependent.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:32 pm

FLR (FP) 2nd Extension

Fee Waiver Request Submitted: 17th Jan 2022
Fee Waiver Documents Uploaded: 24th Jan 2022
Fee Waiver Accepted: 24th Feb 2022
FLR FP Application Submitted Online: 25th Feb 2022
Supporting Documents Upload Email Received: 25th Feb 2022
Biometric Email Invite To Attend SSC Croydon: Waiting
Biometric Appointment Attended/Passport Submitted: Waiting
Decision Email/Letter: Waiting
BRP Received: Waiting
Passport Returned: Waiting

Application done by myself.

Rocky12345
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Rocky12345 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:50 pm

Just wanted to update you all. The timeline has changed yet again. :x :cry:

Apply for leave to remain as a partner, parent or on the basis of your private life (10-year routes or 5-year parent route to settlement)

If you’re currently applying under a 10-year route to settlement (or 5-year parent route to settlement), there are no standard processing times for applications submitted as a partner, parent or on the basis of your private life. The average wait time for a decision is currently 10 months. We are working hard to reduce this.

Please note that there may be circumstances which result in your application taking slightly longer.

If you need to make urgent travel overseas (for example, due to a family bereavement), we may be able to provide a faster decision. Please contact UKVI.

warid6955321
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by warid6955321 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:14 pm

Rocky12345 wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:50 pm
Just wanted to update you all. The timeline has changed yet again. :x :cry:

Apply for leave to remain as a partner, parent or on the basis of your private life (10-year routes or 5-year parent route to settlement)

If you’re currently applying under a 10-year route to settlement (or 5-year parent route to settlement), there are no standard processing times for applications submitted as a partner, parent or on the basis of your private life. The average wait time for a decision is currently 10 months. We are working hard to reduce this.

Please note that there may be circumstances which result in your application taking slightly longer.

If you need to make urgent travel overseas (for example, due to a family bereavement), we may be able to provide a faster decision. Please contact UKVI.
I think its because of zambrano applications. Many people have applied for flr fp nd zambrano.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:30 pm

Has anyone had their applications processed quicker due to a bereavement?

I know i only sent in my application today, my mum passed away on the 1st of Feb this year and her funeral has been planned for April back in my home country.

I have stated in my personal statement that my mum has passed and also included her death certificate with my application just wondering if they consider that to process the application quicker.

Im really going through a lit and will love to be able to attend my mums funeral.

Rocky12345
Newly Registered
Tunisia

Post by Rocky12345 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:01 pm

Someone on another thread just for timelines has posted their timeline today. It is as follows;

Application type FLR FP
Application Submitted on : 02/04/2021
Postal or In Person Application : Online
Acknowledgement Received on (for postal app) : N
Biometrics Enrolled on : 29/04/2021
Additional Documents Requested on (if any): N
Decision of Application : Approved
Date of Decision : 01/03/2022

Congratulations to them. Good to finally see someone has heard back from home office on an FLR case.

samsib
Newly Registered
India

Post by samsib » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:41 pm

Hi
My second extension of my visa due in this August.i am hoping to apply for fee waiver.could you please someone tell what are the documents needed for that kind of applocation?

Rosalenaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rosalenaaa » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm

Eledumare wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:30 pm

I know i only sent in my application today, my mum passed away on the 1st of Feb this year and her funeral has been planned for April back in my home country.

I have stated in my personal statement that my mum has passed and also included her death certificate with my application just wondering if they consider that to process the application quicker.

Im really going through a lit and will love to be able to attend my mums funeral.
Hello. Firstly I'm sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything back?

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:55 pm

Rosalenaaa wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:13 pm
Eledumare wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:30 pm

Hello. Firstly I'm sorry to hear that. Have you heard anything back?

Hi Rosalenaaa, Thanks so much. I have now received my letter to get my biometrics done for next week, Fingers crossed i get my decision before April.

manne2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by manne2012 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:03 pm

manne2012 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:43 pm
Congratulations to everyone!!!
I have been a member of this platform for some time now even though some of us don't comment we come here to read messages for encouragement.
I do have a question and I believe someone will help here.if someone put in an application on 7 year child rule earlier before its 7 years with a fee waiver which was granted in March and the application was submitted in April while the 7 years will be clocked next year May. Isn't possible to be granted before May next year or only after May next?

Updates
Application FLR(FP)
Application submitted:05 April 2021
Biometrics done: 06 April 2021
Application approved: 17 February 2022
BRP: still waiting
Note: we submitted our application early we are clocking 7 years in May.

Wiki7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wiki7 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:23 pm

manne2012 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:03 pm
manne2012 wrote:
I have been a member of this platform for some time now even though some of us don't comment we come here to read messages for encouragement.
I do have a question and I believe someone will help here.if someone put in an application on 7 year child rule earlier before its 7 years with a fee waiver which was granted in March and the application was submitted in April while the 7 years will be clocked next year May. Isn't possible to be granted before May next year or only after May next?

Updates
Application FLR(FP)
Congratulations,
So your child was 6 when you applied ? Amazing. Just wondering how is it possible to have biometrics very next day when you applied for non priority visa service? Application submitted on 5th April and biometrics on 6th April.
Or you made a mistake writing a biometrics date?

I have applied as well on same route and my biometrics was done on 24/05/2021. I am still waiting. Lets hope for the best. I.A

alvin5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alvin5 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:31 am

Hi There

I found this forum very helpful and I really appreciate it if someone can help me.

My husband is a overstayer and has been in the uk since 2009. He came to UK with student visa which was valid for two years. Later on he overstayed in the UK. And his asylum application had been rejected in 2015. We have been together since 2015 and married last year . My visa status is indefinite leave to remain. Our baby born this month. We have birth registration certificate and our baby British passport. In this case, is any possibility for us to apply FLM FP using super priority service to get the decision by next working day? My concerns are that my husband has two convictions last year about driving without driving license and insurance. I am not sure if this would result in any application rejection . Many thanks in advance.

alvin5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by alvin5 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:31 am

Hi There

I found this forum very helpful and I really appreciate it if someone can help me.

My husband is a overstayer and has been in the uk since 2009. He came to UK with student visa which was valid for two years. Later on he overstayed in the UK. And his asylum application had been rejected in 2015. We have been together since 2015 and married last year . My visa status is indefinite leave to remain. Our baby born this month. We have birth registration certificate and our baby British passport. In this case, is any possibility for us to apply FLM FP using super priority service to get the decision by next working day? My concerns are that my husband has two convictions last year about driving without driving license and insurance. I am not sure if this would result in any application rejection . Many thanks in advance.

manne2012
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by manne2012 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:02 pm

Wiki7 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:23 pm
manne2012 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:03 pm
manne2012 wrote:

Updates
Application FLR(FP)
Congratulations,
So your child was 6 when you applied ? Amazing. Just wondering how is it possible to have biometrics very next day when you applied for non priority visa service? Application submitted on 5th April and biometrics on 6th April.
Or you made a mistake writing a biometrics date?

I have applied as well on same route and my biometrics was done on 24/05/2021. I am still waiting. Lets hope for the best. I.A
Yes he was 6 years old,we submitted our online application on the 5th,we had a three way phone call with my lawyer, home office case worker and me on the 4th of April and she asked me when I wanted to go for biometric bec we were on school break and she wanted me to get it done before the school was open.she gave me dates to chose for the biometric appointment.

Rosalenaaa
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rosalenaaa » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:50 am

FLR FP timeline
Fee waiver Application submitted 26/10/2021
Feewaiver accepted 12/11/2021
Biometrics app 24/112021
Application escelated on 08/03/2021 at 1pm due to family bereavement
Application Approved 08/03/2021 at 5pm
Biometric card- awaiting

A death certificate was required for escelation and birth certificate confirming relationship to my deceased grandmother. All was dealt with within hours and caseworker emailed decision 4 hours later.

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:19 am

Rosalenaaa wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:50 am
FLR FP timeline
Biometrics app 24/112021
Biometric card- awaiting

A death certificate was required for escelation and birth certificate confirming relationship to my deceased grandmother. All was dealt with within hours and caseworker emailed decision 4 hours later.
Ohh I’m so sorry for your loss and massive congratulations, that’s amazing that you have gotten a decisions. Please how did you escalate? Was it via email or did you contact them directly? I am getting no luck contacting them.

Wiki7
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Wiki7 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:10 pm

Rosalenaaa wrote:
FLR FP timeline
Biometrics app 24/112021
Biometric card- awaiting

How did you escelated the case? Any number please share

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:13 pm

Wiki7 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:10 pm
Rosalenaaa wrote:
FLR FP timeline
Biometrics app 24/112021
Biometric card- awaiting

03007906268 select option 1 then option 2, this should help as I too was able to call and escalate mine earlier today.

munirabid
Member of Standing

Post by munirabid » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:43 am

Eledumare wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:13 pm
Wiki7 wrote:
Rosalenaaa wrote:
FLR FP timeline
Biometrics app 24/112021
Biometric card- awaiting

03007906268 select option 1 then option 2, this should help as I too was able to call and escalate mine earlier today.
Hi Eledumare

Any luck? I also escalated on 7th of March because my mother in law passed but still not any luck waiting. I applied on 8th of Oct 2021,

Eledumare
Nigeria

Post by Eledumare » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:17 pm

munirabid wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:43 am
Eledumare wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:13 pm
Wiki7 wrote:
Rosalenaaa wrote:
FLR FP timeline
Biometrics app 24/112021
Biometric card- awaiting

Hi Eledumare

Any luck? I also escalated on 7th of March because my mother in law passed but still not any luck waiting. I applied on 8th of Oct 2021,

Hi munirabid,

I'm sorry for your loss ):

After i escalated yesterday, i was asked to send in my mum's death certificate which i sent immediately to them. I received an email 2pm today stating that my application is been considered and since i have not done my biometric, i was asked to take a picture of myself and send to them.

I have now sent my picture and i'm waiting for what's next, Hopefully it's my positive decision letter.

munirabid
Member of Standing

Post by munirabid » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:29 pm

Hi Eledumare
No luck yet, home office ask my wife birth certificate for relationship and I send them straight away, but still no luck waiting