ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different Routes to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shabs100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Different Routes to ILR

Post by shabs100 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:58 pm

Hi All,

I have a few queries which I'm hoping someone can help me resolve.

My wife has been in the UK for 10 years and 3 months and we are now looking for to get ILR.

For the first 8 years we have applied FLR via the Partner Route and the last few years she has been on the Family Planning Route - will the Home Office add the different routes and equate the total to 10 years?

Secondly, assuming the above holds valid, which application form do I need to complete - Set(M) for settlement under Partner or Set(LR) for settlement under Long Residence?

Finally, can someone please confirm if the expiry date on the Biometric Residents Permit is the date same date as when the VISA expires i.e. if the expiry date is showing 25/03/22, do I need to submit my application within 28 days of this date?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind Regards,
Shabs

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Different Routes to ILR

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:57 pm

All visas count towards the long residence.
SET(M) can be used for 10 year family route however I suggest long residence as it is easier
BRP expiry date is your visa expiry date. However, you may apply within 28 of completing your 10 year qualifying period. Visa expiry date is irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

shabs100
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Different Routes to ILR

Post by shabs100 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:53 pm

Many thanks Zimba - greatly appreciated response.