ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application on hold / English requirements

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bunty245

Application on hold / English requirements

Post by bunty245 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:28 pm

Hi everyone

I applied for skilled visa from india but got email from home office stating need to prove language score, basically
I submitted wrong ilets as i done ilets for canada (general ilets ) and my degree is professional degree in mechanical engineer, i applied for ecctis and they refused to give me English verification certificate as they said your degree is professional degree not accedimic degree one , i done 5 year mechanical degree while doing job in india , they said your degree is verified but we can’t verify English proficiency, please anybody help me what should i do , i cant take ilets because i need passport to sit in exam as my passport is with home office, any suggestions please 🙏

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Application on hold / English requirements

Post by ywlgy » Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:27 pm

Do you have a national ID card in India? Check if it is accepted for IELTS test.
Otherwise, you need to ask UKVI to return your passport so you can take the test.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

bunty245

Post by bunty245 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:37 pm

Hi thanks ,

National id not accepted in india for ilets must need passport, is it possible ukvi will return passport for ilets sit ??

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:42 pm

They will return it if you ask. But likely they will also refuse the application at the same time and you will need to apply again after getting IELTS done.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.