ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU retention of residence after divorcing EEA spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irakra

Non-EU retention of residence after divorcing EEA spouse

Post by irakra » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 pm

Hi guys!!

It's cool that you share your problems with HO on this site!!
It makes us understand them better and what to expect from them.

My situation is very similar to those already posted here - retention of rights following divorce my EEA husband. I am a non EU member.

We have been together for three years and 2 years in the UK.

I know that I can qualify, I work part-time doing an overtime on a regular basis. My husband is self-employed. He pays National Insurance regularly and agreed to provide me with documentary evidence of his self-employment such as annual self-assessment forms, invoices and NIN contribution account. Would that be enough for HO? He would not give me his passport or personal bank statments though. I have initiated divorce and want to apply for a new visa as soon as I get Decree Absolute.

I tried like most of you to contact HO but they give me a different answer each time I call.

I any of you had retained residence after divorce, please let me know what they really need.

I am really confused and don't know what to expect from them.

Thank you.

juicybiscuit

Post by juicybiscuit » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:41 pm