ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying DLA for a child while 1 parent have ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PoojaL
United Kingdom

Applying DLA for a child while 1 parent have ILR

Post by PoojaL » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:20 pm

Hello,

Please help me with this
If I apply for child benefit, DLA for my daughter 9 years , and carer allowance .

1. Would this have any impact on FLR M application for my husband?
My daughter's school SENCO and social worker telling us from so many years that I should apply for DLA and carer allowance so that my daughter will get proper support when she become adult because then government will have all her records in the system and also we can have a blue badge which we really needed.

And also in the FLR M form there was a question regarding partner applying any benefits there was carer allowance and DLA options were there and I ticked none of this benefits.

2.If I could apply this benefits do I have to write covering letter explaining this because i ticked no in the form?

We are not intending to take any other benefits only this three if I can on my name.

3. Will my husband still get 5 years route, if i apply this benefits?

Any suggestions are appreciated
Thank You very much

PoojaL
United Kingdom

Re: Applying DLA for a child while 1 parent have ILR

Post by PoojaL » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:42 am

PoojaL wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:20 pm
Hello,

Please help me with this
If I apply for child benefit, DLA for my daughter 9 years , and carer allowance .

1. Would this have any impact on FLR M application for my husband?
My daughter's school SENCO and social worker telling us from so many years that I should apply for DLA and carer allowance so that my daughter will get proper support when she become adult because then government will have all her records in the system and also we can have a blue badge which we really needed.

And also in the FLR M form there was a question regarding partner applying any benefits there was carer allowance and DLA options were there and I ticked none of this benefits.

2.If I could apply this benefits do I have to write covering letter explaining this because i ticked no in the form?

We are not intending to take any other benefits only this three if I can on my name.

3. Will my husband still get 5 years route, if i apply this benefits?

Any suggestions are appreciated
Thank You very much
Anyone can help me please?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:47 pm

Zimba has already suggested that you post this on the immigration for family members board, in this thread.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-residen ... l#p2058344

Looking back at just a couple of your posts, you and also your husband, seem to have a complicated immigration history in the UK.

PoojaL
United Kingdom

Post by PoojaL » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:27 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:47 pm
Zimba has already suggested that you post this on the immigration for family members board, in this thread.

Looking back at just a couple of your posts, you and also your husband, seem to have a complicated immigration history in the UK.
Hello,

Zimba has suggested me to start a new topic on claiming benefits forum which I did.

I have already got an ILR approved on 24th Feb and I varied my Husband’s application to FLR M .
I withdraw my daughter's application for FLR and applied for both daughters registration as citizen under 16.
My questions was on benefits if I apply for my child DLA & Child benefit does it going to affect my husband's application?
We fulfil the financial requirements.
If you can help me with my query on benefits please

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:31 pm

PoojaL wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:27 pm
JB007 wrote:

Hello,

Zimba has suggested me to start a new topic on claiming benefits forum which I did.
Before zimba locked your thread that I linked above, this week he suggested
"Please start a new post in the 'Immigration for family members' sub forum as this is not relevant here"
and he gave you the link.
immigration-for-family-members/
PoojaL wrote:
I have already got an ILR approved on 24th Feb and I varied my Husband’s application to FLR M .
It appears from what I read on your husbands immigration history (the same thread above) your husband was on the 10 year route because of his Tier 1 (General) tax issues. I don't know about immigration routes, this sub forum is about claiming benefits.

It is the up to the immigrant to check what welfare benefits etc they can have, instead of listening to what a well meaning person suggests they claim. Have you looked at the requirement for DLA for children on the gov.uk site?
https://www.gov.uk/disability-living-al ... ligibility
There is a requirment listed there that states the child must be free from immigration control.
PoojaL wrote:
I withdraw my daughter's application for FLR and applied for both daughters registration as citizen under 16.
Has your child been granted British citizenship, to be free form immigration control and be granted DLA?

For you to claim Carers Allowance, on of the requirments is that the person you care for is receiving DLA. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

PoojaL
United Kingdom

Post by PoojaL » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:38 pm

JB007 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:31 pm
PoojaL wrote:
JB007 wrote:

Hello,

Before zimba locked your thread that I linked above, this week he suggested
"Please start a new post in the 'Immigration for family members' sub forum as this is not relevant here"
and he gave you the link.
immigration-for-family-members/
PoojaL wrote:
It appears from what I read on your husbands immigration history (the same thread above) your husband was on the 10 year route because of his Tier 1 (General) tax issues. I don't know about immigration routes, this sub forum is about claiming benefits.

It is the up to the immigrant to check what welfare benefits etc they can have, instead of listening to what a well meaning person suggests they claim. Have you looked at the requirement for DLA for children on the gov.uk site?
There is a requirment listed there that states the child must be free from immigration control.
PoojaL wrote:
Has your child been granted British citizenship, to be free form immigration control and be granted DLA?

For you to claim Carers Allowance, on of the requirments is that the person you care for is receiving DLA. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility
Thanks for the reply
No my daughter is not British Citizen yet.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 am

Topic moved
DLA can only be applied for a child that is not subject to immigration control. You can claim benefits as long as you have ILR and only under your name.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... on-control
https://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informat ... e-sections
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

PoojaL
United Kingdom

Post by PoojaL » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:23 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:13 am
Topic moved
DLA can only be applied for a child that is not subject to immigration control. You can claim benefits as long as you have ILR and only under your name.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immig ... on-control
https://www.nrpfnetwork.org.uk/informat ... e-sections

Ok yeah i got it, thanks for the information 👍

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:42 am

As you posted on the benefits board and I replied, I have received a notification.

In addition to what Zimba has said about being able to claim benefits as you have ILR, but only under your name, there can be problems with this for some welfare benefits. This is the sticky from the claiming benefits board about some of those problems that you need to be aware of for some welfare benefits. e.g. you cannot claim as a single person/parent when you have a partner.
claiming-benefits/universal-credit-clai ... 02126.html

Another link in that sticky was originally posted by Mod Amber and not only addresses the problems of claiming the welfare benefit Universal Credit with a No Recourse to Public Funds partner, but also claiming Council Tax Reduction with a NRPF partner. Council Tax Reduction is sometimes called Council Tax Allowance by some councils and they replace the welfare benefit that used to be called Council Tax Benefit.

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:38 pm

JB007 wrote:

To be honest what is her immigration history got to do with the question she asked. Why the need to go back and check people past post, if this forum here to help people with the questions they asked. This is terrible.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am

rachellynn1972 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:38 pm
JB007 wrote:

To be honest what is her immigration history got to do with the question she asked. Why the need to go back and check people past post, if this forum here to help people with the questions they asked. This is terrible.
Did you read trhe OPs first post? And the other posts on this thread?

I couldn't answer her question 3. I assume that is why Zimba (in a previous thread) told the OP to post in this board instead of the claiming benefits board.

Do you want people to be given the wrong information?

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:06 pm

JB007 wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:40 am
rachellynn1972 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:38 pm
JB007 wrote:

Did you read trhe OPs first post? And the other posts on this thread?

I couldn't answer her question 3. I assume that is why Zimba (in a previous thread) told the OP to post in this board instead of the claiming benefits board.

Do you want people to be given the wrong information?
What does her other previous post and her immigration history got to do with her new question. Terrible that you have to snoop into peoples life history on everyone here before you can comment and the comment is not helping but ridiculing..
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.