ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unofficially approved but no official ceremony invitation yet

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britalian89
United Kingdom

Unofficially approved but no official ceremony invitation yet

Post by britalian89 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:11 pm

Hello guys

Hope the week started well!

I received an email from the HO last Monday (after asking for an update) saying that my application has been decided and they will send the ceremony invitation soon.

Because approval batches come in on Monday I was 90% confident that I’d get my approval today but I didn’t.

Is there a lag between internal approval and official ceremony invitation that you know of?
They say because of Covid the process takes longer, but it’s really just about sending an outcome email, so I don’t see what the issue is.

Opinions/experiences to share?

Thanks

daku
Albania

Re: Unofficially approved but no official ceremony invitation yet

Post by daku » Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:35 pm

They probably post the certificate first to the council before notifying the applicant. Can i ask which email you have used for the update and how long have you been waiting?

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:52 pm

daku wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:35 pm
They probably post the certificate first to the council before notifying the applicant. Can i ask which email you have used for the update and how long have you been waiting?
Thanks - I think you're right. I just figured that once the HO approves internally (before communicating the outcome to the applicant), they send the certificates to the councils (which happen to be received on Thursdays) before sending out the official invitation emails on Mondays.

Despite not having received a ceremony invitation, today, for the first time, I have access to my ceremony booking page on my council's web page using the reference number of my naturalisation application. That probably means the council has received my naturalisation certificate and has inputted it into their system today. Nonetheless, I cannot book my ceremony yet as the HO ceremony invitation email is a compulsory element to book the ceremony and I haven't received that yet. If things go as I figured, that should be next Monday! Let's see.

Regarding the email I sent an update request to, I wrote to the Nationality Support Team using the emails I've seen in this forum.

IAmNullPointer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by IAmNullPointer » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:31 pm

britalian89 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:52 pm
daku wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:35 pm
Thanks - I think you're right. I just figured that once the HO approves internally (before communicating the outcome to the applicant), they send the certificates to the councils (which happen to be received on Thursdays) before sending out the official invitation emails on Mondays.

Despite not having received a ceremony invitation, today, for the first time, I have access to my ceremony booking page on my council's web page using the reference number of my naturalisation application. That probably means the council has received my naturalisation certificate and has inputted it into their system today. Nonetheless, I cannot book my ceremony yet as the HO ceremony invitation email is a compulsory element to book the ceremony and I haven't received that yet. If things go as I figured, that should be next Monday! Let's see.

Regarding the email I sent an update request to, I wrote to the Nationality Support Team using the emails I've seen in this forum.
Lol - and here I am, with an approval letter/invite to book but without a certificate at my council. Even though I got the invitation/approval, it seems the council has sent back my certificate (and my children's) back to home office at their request.

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:50 pm

britalian89 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:11 pm
Hello guys

I received an email from the HO last Monday (after asking for an update) saying that my application has been decided and they will send the ceremony invitation soon.

Because approval batches come in on Monday I was 90% confident that I’d get my approval today but I didn’t.

Is there a lag between internal approval and official ceremony invitation that you know of?
They say because of Covid the process takes longer, but it’s really just about sending an outcome email, so I don’t see what the issue is.

Thanks
Update: I received my ceremony invitation today (07/03/2022). The HO confirmed that my application was approved on 21/02/2022. They needed to send the certificate to my council. The council registered the certificate on 03/03/2022 and I received the ceremony invitation this morning.

Soso12
Mood:
Lebanon

Post by Soso12 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:51 pm

britalian89 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:50 pm
britalian89 wrote:
Hello guys

Thanks
Update: I received my ceremony invitation today (07/03/2022). The HO confirmed that my application was approved on 21/02/2022. They needed to send the certificate to my council. The council registered the certificate on 03/03/2022 and I received the ceremony invitation this morning.
Did you book your ceremony for british??

britalian89
United Kingdom

Post by britalian89 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:59 am

Soso12 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:51 pm
britalian89 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:50 pm
britalian89 wrote:
Hello guys

Thanks
Did you book your ceremony for british??
Yes I did! :) End of this week

Xclusivesoul77777
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Xclusivesoul77777 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:48 pm

britalian89 wrote:
Hello guys

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry to ask, is there a format you used when asking for further updates please? I have crossed the 6 months mark and still no update. If you can copy and paste and edit your vital information out, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Alismith
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Alismith » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:42 am

britalian89 wrote:
Hello guys

Thanks
Hello,

Hope you are well?

May i kindly ask what email address did you use to contact nationality team please?

Many thanks