ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question for the first Irish passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Question for the first Irish passport

Post by Eddie guo » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:22 pm

Hi there
Wish all the best
There is a quick question that i got citizenship application approved last month by nationalization, waiting for the naturalisation certificate in coming weeks, so my question is do i need sent the irp/GINB card back to the department when i apply for the Irish passport at first time? Problem is i just lost the GINB card, Some of friends said i have to, but when i checked the list on the dfa.ie web i dont find the information about return the irp/GINB card back, i would appreciate it if anyone have same situation, thank you

meself2
Ireland

Re: Question for the first Irish passport

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:49 pm

I think before all this went online you had to send your IRP to Citizenship when you applied for the certificate.
People at passport office will probably assume you did that, so I don't think they'll ask for it when you'll apply for a passport.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:18 pm

meself2 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:49 pm
I think before all this went online you had to send your IRP to Citizenship when you applied for the certificate.
People at passport office will probably assume you did that, so I don't think they'll ask for it when you'll apply for a passport.
Thanks for your reply, they didn't ask to return the irp card.when i pay the 950 fee online, but they did ask upload the copy when i do the payment, after that i checked the list or document when i apply the passport, the irp is not including, someone told me i have to sent it back, Someone said no, so kinda confusing

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:28 pm

I got my citizenship approval End of November . Got my naturalisation cert after Christmas. I didn't send my irp back as they didn't ask me . Applied for Irish passport on 10/01/2022 . Estimated date is 23/03/2022 . After my all documents verified
The status bar went to processing . They again asked me another proof of address from different source rather than revenue. My all bills are ebill even my bank statement is e-statement . So I contacted passport office through web chat . The guy said if I print e- statement and get it stamped from my local branch they will accept it . So I did the same. My suggestion is when you send proof of address for passport application make sure you send them 2 proof of address just to avoid delays. The status bar is now on zero as they didn't scanned my e-statement yet. Hope it helps. Don't worry about IRP . They asked for copy of Pps card with the original online application. Hope it helps . Good Luck

Eddie guo
Newly Registered
China

Post by Eddie guo » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:09 pm

mayflower805 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:28 pm
I got my citizenship approval End of November . Got my naturalisation cert after Christmas. I didn't send my irp back as they didn't ask me . Applied for Irish passport on 10/01/2022 . Estimated date is 23/03/2022 . After my all documents verified
The status bar went to processing . They again asked me another proof of address from different source rather than revenue. My all bills are ebill even my bank statement is e-statement . So I contacted passport office through web chat . The guy said if I print e- statement and get it stamped from my local branch they will accept it . So I did the same. My suggestion is when you send proof of address for passport application make sure you send them 2 proof of address just to avoid delays. The status bar is now on zero as they didn't scanned my e-statement yet. Hope it helps. Don't worry about IRP . They asked for copy of Pps card with the original online application. Hope it helps . Good Luck
Sounds, thanks, by.the way how long did u receive the naturalisation certificate after you submit the 950 payment?

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:11 pm

About a month . Made payment on 1st December received the cert on 4th January.