ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

(KF) Important Notice from the Home Office

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Only Me
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Working out 30th Months

Post by Only Me » Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone

I asked about FLM(M) on the forum before and was told I can apply after 30 months minus 28 days from the date of arriving in the UK until the last day of expiry.

As my wife and daughter arrived in the UK on 08/08/2019 and their current visas expire on 23/04/2022 am I correct in my workings out that I can apply anytime from 1st February 2022 up until 23/04/2022?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Working out 30th Months

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:46 pm

Only Me wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Hi Everyone

I asked about FLM(M) on the forum before and was told I can apply after 30 months minus 28 days from the date of arriving in the UK until the last day of expiry.

As my wife and daughter arrived in the UK on 08/08/2019 and their current visas expire on 23/04/2022 am I correct in my workings out that I can apply anytime from 1st February 2022 up until 23/04/2022?
You could infact have applied from 11th January 2022 till the date of expiration of current leave.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Working out 30th Months

Post by Only Me » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:01 pm

Thank you for the reply much appreciated.

Only Me
United Kingdom

FLR(M) with Child

Post by Only Me » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:40 pm

Hi Everyone

We are in the middle of filling out my wife's FLR(M) and I have seen you can add a dependent child, is that it for the application and then pay for both at the end of the application, or do I have to do a separate visa application for the dependant child as we did on our first settlement visa?

Thank you

vinny

Re: FLR(M) with Child

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:15 pm

I think adding dependant child(ren) in FLR(M) and then pay for both at the end of the application is possible and preferable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:57 am

Thanks, Vinny, I haven't got to the end part for paying yet. So I'll update this when I do.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Bank Statements for FLR(M)

Post by Only Me » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:28 pm

Hi Again,

Questions about Bank Statements for proof of address and proof of wages, If I use an online bank, will the downloaded PDFs be ok as originals for supporting evidence, I bank with First Direct and there is nowhere I can get them stamped and if they post out the statements, they are exactly the same as the downloaded PDF's and they can stamp or mark them either.

Did anyone else have problems with their application or experience of this, please?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Bank Statements for FLR(M)

Post by TODMATT » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Only Me wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:28 pm
Hi Again,

Questions about Bank Statements for proof of address and proof of wages, If I use an online bank, will the downloaded PDFs be ok as originals for supporting evidence, I bank with First Direct and there is nowhere I can get them stamped and if they post out the statements, they are exactly the same as the downloaded PDF's and they can stamp or mark them either.

Did anyone else have problems with their application or experience of this, please?
The statements downloaded online should suffice. No stamp needed.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:16 am

Only Me wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:57 am
Thanks, Vinny, I haven't got to the end part for paying yet. So I'll update this when I do.
Ok have finished the application and Vinny is correct that the dependent child is added on to the same application.

Only Me
United Kingdom

FLR (M) Is there an order to Supporting Doc's

Post by Only Me » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:20 am

Hello everyone

I have completed the online FLR (M) application and have uploaded the supporting documents, We have an appointment on Wednesday 30th March.

When I take the supporting documents to the appointment, is there a particular order that they have to be arranged in?

Thank You

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Is there an order to Supporting Doc's

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:42 am

Only Me wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:20 am
Hello everyone

I have completed the online FLR (M) application and have uploaded the supporting documents, We have an appointment on Wednesday 30th March.

When I take the supporting documents to the appointment, is there a particular order that they have to be arranged in?

Thank You
If you have self uploaded the supporting documents there is no need to take them along to your biometrics appointment.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) Is there an order to Supporting Doc's

Post by Only Me » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 pm

Thank you AmazonianX :D

Only Me
United Kingdom

(KF) Important Notice from the Home Office

Post by Only Me » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm

Hi Everyone

My Wife and Daughter went to their Biometric appointment this morning after they had submitted their application under FLR (M) and supporting evidence a few weeks ago. We have just had an email from FHR2@homeoffice.gov.uk saying the following:

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the exceptionally complex nature of your case, we are not able to meet our usual service standards. We would normally decide your application by the end of the next working day after your biometric enrolment, unfortunately, this is not possible in your case due to the reasons mentioned above."

We find this strange as ours is a straightforward case and not one that is exceptionally complex as stated in the email.

Has anyone else had this type of email and how long did you have to wait for a decision?

Thank You

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: (KF) Important Notice from the Home Office

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:50 pm

Only Me wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm
Hi Everyone

My Wife and Daughter went to their Biometric appointment this morning after they had submitted their application under FLR (M) and supporting evidence a few weeks ago. We have just had an email from FHR2@homeoffice.gov.uk saying the following:

"We apologise for the inconvenience, but, due to the exceptionally complex nature of your case, we are not able to meet our usual service standards. We would normally decide your application by the end of the next working day after your biometric enrolment, unfortunately, this is not possible in your case due to the reasons mentioned above."

We find this strange as ours is a straightforward case and not one that is exceptionally complex as stated in the email.

Has anyone else had this type of email and how long did you have to wait for a decision?

Thank You
While this could be a genetic email to buy time however applicants are not in a position to say their application is straightforward or not, HO has the criteria to determine that.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 am

Thanks, AmazonianX

Just a very strange worded letter if generic by saying 'exceptionally complex', anyway I contacted my MP this morning to see if they are able to do anything, hopefully, they will be able to get some answers.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:34 pm

Only Me wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:47 am
I contacted my MP this morning to see if they are able to do anything, hopefully, they will be able to get some answers.
Just an update I've had a reply from my MP, they have written to UKVI in relation to our application, it may take a few days to get a reply as the hotline for MPs is closed unless it's regarding a Ukrainian case.

talreh20
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by talreh20 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:36 am

Hi only me,

did you pay super priority fee?

When i applied for my ILR, i paid £800 for super priority and got the same email in 6 hours of providing the biometrics which gave me the shock of my life. Then i got the ILR acceptance letter 10 days after. So hopefully nothing bad for your wife.

Only Me
United Kingdom

Post by Only Me » Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:26 pm

talreh20 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:36 am
i paid £800 for super-priority and got the same email in 6 hours of providing the biometrics which gave me the shock of my life. Then I got the ILR acceptance letter 10 days after.
Hi Talreh

Thanks for the reply, yes we paid for next day priority, and like you had the email within a few hours after the Biometrics appointment, hopefully, it will be the same for us, and we'll get a decision in the next couple of weeks.

My MP has also written to them, so hopefully, we won't have to wait too long.