ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help application submitted but confused on one thing.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Marriage certificate does not have signature?

Post by HSBilling » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:17 am

Hi,
My marriage certificate does not have our signatures on it, will this be a problem?? I am applying for spouse visa and was married under special marriage act in india.

In small writing in the top part of the certificate it says "that each of them, in my presence and the presence of three witnesses who have signed hereunder"
There is also a disclaimer at the bottom which mentions that the certificate is digitally signed and does not require hand signatures. But there is no section where we even digitally signed.

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Marriage certificate does not have signature?

Post by MissingMySpouse » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:58 am

Which country is it from?

I don't see why it should be a problem. Marriage certificates in England & Wales do not have the signatures of the bride/groom and only of the registrar.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Post by HSBilling » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:00 pm

In india

MissingMySpouse
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MissingMySpouse » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:57 am

Is it customary for there to be signatures on the marriage certificate?

If not, then I don't think you have anything to worry about.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Post by HSBilling » Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:29 am

The problem is on the top section of the certificate it says" that each of them, in my presence and the presence of three witnesses, who have signed hereunder"
Looking examples of indian certificates online, I do see signatures.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - whatsapp chat please help

Post by HSBilling » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi,
I have uncomplete whatsapp chat, i have been married for two years. I personally only have chat history spanning last year, my wife has chat history from two years but is missing the first two months due to data loss. I am planning to combine both our chat histories, will this be a problem for us??

Also I have whatsapp call records for only 6 months as i didnt know it was erased before that. Please help!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - whatsapp chat please help

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:07 pm

HSBilling wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:09 pm
Hi,
I have uncomplete whatsapp chat, i have been married for two years. I personally only have chat history spanning last year, my wife has chat history from two years but is missing the first two months due to data loss. I am planning to combine both our chat histories, will this be a problem for us??

Also I have whatsapp call records for only 6 months as i didnt know it was erased before that. Please help!
Provide what you have. WhatsApp chat ain't the only source that will be locked on to evaluate genuineness of your relationship.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - whatsapp chat please help

Post by HSBilling » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:57 pm

Ok sure thanks

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse visa uk - Photos not date stamped please help!

Post by HSBilling » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:53 am

Hi,
Thank you for always helping my guys, but I still have more questions. I have a lot of photos with my wife, the problem is I can't take a screenshot of them and prove the original dates, because of phone corruption earlier I have recovered the photos and they show only recent dates. Is it ok to simply copy the photos on to MS word and simply make a note underneath each photo writing down the dates, location and who is in it? Will this suffice? Would I need to explain in the cover letter Why I could not date stamp them?

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa uk - Photos not date stamped please help!

Post by TODMATT » Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:38 pm

HSBilling wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:53 am
Hi,
Thank you for always helping my guys, but I still have more questions. I have a lot of photos with my wife, the problem is I can't take a screenshot of them and prove the original dates, because of phone corruption earlier I have recovered the photos and they show only recent dates. Is it ok to simply copy the photos on to MS word and simply make a note underneath each photo writing down the dates, location and who is in it? Will this suffice? Would I need to explain in the cover letter Why I could not date stamp them?
Yes you can do that.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa uk - Photos not date stamped please help!

Post by HSBilling » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:19 pm

Thank you

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse visa uk - cash gift query pls help!

Post by HSBilling » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:32 pm

Hi,
I send cash money to my wife via western union so she can buy gifts, but she does not have a credit/ debit card and cannot make online transactions. Her brother does it for her, on the receipts it shows her brother's name. If i explain this in the cover letter, will it be ok? I do have the western union receipts on her name.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa uk - cash gift query pls help!

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:46 am

HSBilling wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:32 pm
Hi,
I send cash money to my wife via western union so she can buy gifts, but she does not have a credit/ debit card and cannot make online transactions. Her brother does it for her, on the receipts it shows her brother's name. If i explain this in the cover letter, will it be ok? I do have the western union receipts on her name.
You can explain in cover letter. In this case its for subsiring relationship evidence and not financial evidence.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa uk - cash gift query pls help!

Post by HSBilling » Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:01 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:46 am
HSBilling wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:32 pm
Hi,
You can explain in cover letter. In this case its for subsiring relationship evidence and not financial evidence.
Thank you, it is for the relationship evidence. Financial side everything is fine.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - marriage certificate need apostille??

Post by HSBilling » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:32 am

Hi,
Does my marriage certificate need to be Apostilled ( dont know what this means), and with an affidavit to confirm its authenticity and that it has been witnessed?? This is a certified copy, is this ok? Marriage certificate was issued in India.

Below is a link to my marriage certificate so thst you can check:

Link removed as name of marriage officer has not been blacked out.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - marriage certificate need apostille??

Post by HSBilling » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:54 am

HSBilling wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:32 am
Hi,
Does my marriage certificate need to be Apostilled ( dont know what this means), and with an affidavit to confirm its authenticity and that it has been witnessed?? This is a certified copy, is this ok? Marriage certificate was issued in India.

Below is a link to my marriage certificate so thst you can check:

Link removed as name of marriage officer has not been blacked out.
https://ibb.co/S50K0QZ

Updated link

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - marriage certificate need apostille??

Post by TODMATT » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:08 am

Apostille is not required. The requirement is for your marriage certificate to be valid under the law in which it took place and if the marriage certificate is not in English, it should be translated into English.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse visa - does spouse have to visit me in uk??

Post by HSBilling » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:04 pm

Hi,
I visited my wife twice since we got married in 2020, first visit for marriage and later in 2021. Does my wife also have to visit me?? Will it be a problem if she didn't? Due to circumstances out of my control, we could not apply for visit visa for her. The relationship is more akin to a long distance relationship, with only me visiting her, but we have been on a holiday together.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa - does spouse have to visit me in uk??

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:53 am

HSBilling wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:04 pm
Hi,
I visited my wife twice since we got married in 2020, first visit for marriage and later in 2021. Does my wife also have to visit me?? Will it be a problem if she didn't? Due to circumstances out of my control, we could not apply for visit visa for her. The relationship is more akin to a long distance relationship, with only me visiting her, but we have been on a holiday together.
Wife not required to have visited you.
Provide evidence of subsisting relationship to include period when you visited her backed with pictures, receipts, flight ticket,boarding pass etc and make reference to such periods and dates in cover letter.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Post by HSBilling » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:53 am
HSBilling wrote:
Hi,
Provide evidence of subsisting relationship to include period when you visited her backed with pictures, receipts, flight ticket,boarding pass etc and make reference to such periods and dates in cover letter.

Thank you this helps. I don't have boarding passes, but I will show stamps on passport and flight tickets, i also have other subsisting relationship like pictures, phone calls and chats, etc.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:56 pm

HSBilling wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:38 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:53 am
HSBilling wrote:
Hi,

Thank you this helps. I don't have boarding passes, but I will show stamps on passport and flight tickets, i also have other subsisting relationship like pictures, phone calls and chats, etc.
The ones you mentioned should suffice.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Accommodation requirement help urgent!

Post by HSBilling » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:27 pm

Hi,
In regards to the accommodation requirement for the uk spouse visa, since my father had passed away and the property still shows as owned by my father, is it ok for my mother to write a letter for permission for my wife to live here along with my father's death certificate as proof.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Accommodation requirement help urgent!

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 05, 2022 11:28 pm

HSBilling wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:27 pm
Hi,
In regards to the accommodation requirement for the uk spouse visa, since my father had passed away and the property still shows as owned by my father, is it ok for my mother to write a letter for permission for my wife to live here along with my father's death certificate as proof.
While no experience of this before, I doubt any issue if you proceed as stated above.

HSBilling
United Kingdom

Whatsapp Chat - Does it need translation for UK spouse visa?

Post by HSBilling » Sun May 08, 2022 6:53 pm

Hi all,
I have mainly communicated in Punjabi in English alphabets, does it require a certified translation?

sohail111
United Kingdom

Re: Whatsapp Chat - Does it need translation for UK spouse visa?

Post by sohail111 » Sun May 08, 2022 10:52 pm

whatsapp chats are not required anymore since feb 2020, if you provide it wont be looked at