ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay on ILR Set(O) Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Feimaomao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delay on ILR Set(O) Priority Service

Post by Feimaomao » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:56 pm

Hi,

I did my biometrics and submitted ILR application under Tier 2 Dependent for 5 years route on 28/01/2022, and I used priority service for a decision within 5 working days. On 02/02/2022 I received an email from UKVI saying:

“Although we would normally decide your application from the date of biometrics, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your application and for the inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your case as quickly as possible.”

They did not mention any reason for the delay, neither ask for any further document. I’m still awaiting decision now on 11/02/2022. It’s been 10 working days and is clearly beyond the timeframe for priority service.

I need to travel urgently for family matters with my booked flight on 01/03/2022, and I’m so frustrated now. I tried to call UKVI helpline, but could not get in touch to any human beings. When I selected the option to check application progress, they only played a recorded message and hang me up.

Just wondered if anyone else also received that message and got any advisory how much lead time is usually for ILR decision once we receive an update like this. And do I have any other ways to contact UKVI? Appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Re: Delay on ILR Set(O) Priority Service

Post by garrick » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:37 am

technically they can take upto 6 months for decision. In my similar case, they took 1.5 months so hopefully you will hear from them soon. No way to contact them.

Feimaomao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Feimaomao » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:41 am

garrick wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:37 am
technically they can take upto 6 months for decision. In my similar case, they took 1.5 months so hopefully you will hear from them soon. No way to contact them.
Thanks a lot. Did you know the delay reasons for your case in the end? And did they ask for further documents later?

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 am

Since you've paid for Priority Service and they are delaying your application, make sure that you ask for a full refund for the Priority Service fee.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 pm

prs wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 am
Since you've paid for Priority Service and they are delaying your application, make sure that you ask for a full refund for the Priority Service fee.
There is no refund to be given. The priority service is NOT a guaranteed service. If they inform within the priority timeframe that a priority decision is not possible, then no refund is given as per UKVI guide.

general-uk-immigration-forum/priority-s ... l#p2036256
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

prs
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by prs » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:21 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:54 pm
prs wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:41 am
There is no refund to be given. The priority service is NOT a guaranteed service. If they inform within the priority timeframe that a priority decision is not possible, then no refund is given as per UKVI guide.

general-uk-immigration-forum/priority-s ... l#p2036256
Unfortunately, the priority or super-priority visa or citizenship application service fee is not refundable when an application is rejected.

The fee can only be refunded in some cases where delayed application processing is experienced. However, the refund is not applicable on all delayed applications. UKVI determines the delayed applications that deserve a refund and otherwise. Fortunately, if you feel the UKVI decision is unfair, you can make an appeal. Preferably, engage our immigration solicitors in the appeal to save yourself time and for the best outcome.

garrick
- thin ice -
India

Post by garrick » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:10 pm

@Zimba, please don't misguide people. I have received refund for super priority fees as home office was unable to decide my ILR application in 48 hours. They asked me couple of documents within 24 hours and then delayed decision for 1.5 months. They have refunded full £800 fee just 2 weeks before.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:43 pm

p18 of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

I guess it's always worth a try to complain unless the email made it clear the case was complex.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:54 am

garrick wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:10 pm
@Zimba, please don't misguide people. I have received refund for super priority fees as home office was unable to decide my ILR application in 48 hours. They asked me couple of documents within 24 hours and then delayed decision for 1.5 months. They have refunded full £800 fee just 2 weeks before.
I suggest reading the official guides I referenced. Immigration rules and procedures are not based on what someone experienced. You may get a refund in certain circumstances as per official guide :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

palakjhunjhunwala
Newly Registered
India

Post by palakjhunjhunwala » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Hi,

@Feimaomao

I am facing the same issue as you and I have applied on 26/01/22 on priority and still no response or contact from the home office.

Please do post if you receive a response. I need to travel urgently and it would be great to be able to get some indication of the expected response time.

thanks

Feimaomao
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Feimaomao » Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:30 pm

palakjhunjhunwala wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:19 pm
Hi,

@Feimaomao

I am facing the same issue as you and I have applied on 26/01/22 on priority and still no response or contact from the home office.

Please do post if you receive a response. I need to travel urgently and it would be great to be able to get some indication of the expected response time.

thanks
I still have no update at all, no reasons given and no request for further documents. Did they ask you for further documents?

Charan Bathini
Newly Registered

Post by Charan Bathini » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:02 pm

Hello all,

Am in the same boat. I've submitted mu application on 14th Feb 2022 (Super Priority) and done my biometrics on 23rd Feb. I've received the same generic delay email mentioned here and I've been waiting since then. They haven't asked me any further documents.

Has anyone with similar issue had any progress? Any thoughts and advices on this are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

olujimio
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by olujimio » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:22 pm

The same apply to me. I submitted my application on the 7th February but went for my biometric on the 24th February, 2022 using Super Priority. No acknowledgment or response. It's over 48 house now and I have to go back to the field for my research. What I can do? Continue to wait. Also, is it possible to check my current status via www.gov.uk?

Charan Bathini
Newly Registered

Post by Charan Bathini » Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:04 pm

Hi @Feimaomao,

Have you received any update on your application yet? Would be promising to know if there has been a outcome.

somebody314
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by somebody314 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:57 pm

I went to the biometric appointment on Feb 22 (family of 4) on Super Priority and still hasn't heard anything back.

Not even a "complex case" email. Nothing, except an automated email from UKVCAS saying "your documents are sent to UKVI".

Is there any phone number I can call to talk to someone there?

Charan Bathini
Newly Registered

Post by Charan Bathini » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:35 am

somebody314 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:57 pm
I went to the biometric appointment on Feb 22 (family of 4) on Super Priority and still hasn't heard anything back.

Not even a "complex case" email. Nothing, except an automated email from UKVCAS saying "your documents are sent to UKVI".

Is there any phone number I can call to talk to someone there?
Have you done SET (O)?. You can try escalating by calling 03007906268 (Option 2,4,1,2). I tried different options during automatic call routing and finally managed to escalate my case yesterday. I was told to wait for 72hrs to hear something from the Case Worker and if not, am planning to reach MP as my next option. Hope this helps.

Anyone who had any progress, please update here so that we know what to expect or to do. This waiting is stressful.

Thanks.

somebody314
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by somebody314 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:56 pm

Thanks Charan. Will try that tomorrow.

I have a feeling that there might be more people with the same issue and I think it has started since last week like ~Feb 23rd. I don't know why but I hope they reply back soon.

somebody314
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by somebody314 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:26 am

I just called them and escalated my case.

The agent said they have a large backlog and the Ukrain conflict might have also been affecting that making it worse. They said the escalation team will check the case and get back to my in 5 working days.

Charan Bathini
Newly Registered

Post by Charan Bathini » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:02 am

Thanks for the update. I feel the same, there could be backlog causing delays. Hopefully we hear from them with positive outcome asap. It's stressful waiting considering my current Tier 2 Visa expired and am waiting for the response.

Thanks

Charan Bathini
Newly Registered

Post by Charan Bathini » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:44 pm

olujimio wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:22 pm
The same apply to me. I submitted my application on the 7th February but went for my biometric on the 24th February, 2022 using Super Priority. No acknowledgment or response. It's over 48 house now and I have to go back to the field for my research. What I can do? Continue to wait. Also, is it possible to check my current status via www.gov.uk?
Hi, Has there been any update on your application?

Charan Bathini
Newly Registered

Post by Charan Bathini » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:47 pm

olujimio wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:22 pm
Hi, meant to check with you if you received any update on your application?