ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by jgclancy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:08 pm

Muscat wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:08 pm
I received my congrats email today.

Applied 19th Dec 2019
Docs received 23rd Dec 2019
Confirmation of address 8th Feb 2022 (change of address evidence sent back to team 8 on same day)
Congratulations email 1st March 2022

I think Laura from team 8 might have taken some holiday recently.

Got there in the end! Will update the doc when I can find it. It’s an amazing feeling to finally be European again, esp as a permanent resident of a European country. On to passport application next…!
Congrats!!! glad ye made it

Advice for passport is send notarized copy of your passport + another notarized ID (i.e.-Driver license) ///send extra
proof of address as well.....make sure photo specifications are correct ....good luck

jgclancy

Muscat
United Kingdom

Post by Muscat » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:52 pm

Hey, thank you! Yes, I need to get a certified copy of at least my passport as I’m travelling a lot these next few months (at last, yay!!!). A photo booth local to me in London has an Irish passport setting which I used before for the FBR application. This is the first thing that has made me feel just a little bit happy since my husband died in November. I just wish he’d know my application was finally successful. But at least life will be a little bit more straightforward for me as a resident in mainland Europe. And my youngest daughter has recently received her Certificate of French Nationality, so Brexit is less of a thorn in our sides now. I had a wee drop of whiskey tonight 🥃 😊 🇮🇪 ☘️

Con_Phillips
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Con_Phillips » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:58 pm

Muscat wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:52 pm
Hey, thank you! Yes, I need to get a certified copy of at least my passport as I’m travelling a lot these next few months (at last, yay!!!). A photo booth local to me in London has an Irish passport setting which I used before for the FBR application. This is the first thing that has made me feel just a little bit happy since my husband died in November. I just wish he’d know my application was finally successful. But at least life will be a little bit more straightforward for me as a resident in mainland Europe. And my youngest daughter has recently received her Certificate of French Nationality, so Brexit is less of a thorn in our sides now. I had a wee drop of whiskey tonight 🥃 😊 🇮🇪 ☘️
Congratulations and happy travelling! :)

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:58 pm

Muscat wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:52 pm
Have another drop tomorrow too--you deserve it after this...LOL

jgclancy

Alk1978
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alk1978 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:14 am

That’s perfect, thank you. I’d already set up rules for gmail to alert me to any emails from @dfa.ie as well as @dfat.ie so that’s good to see I’ve done the right thing. Thanks so much for replying!
freedombridge wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:23 pm
Hi all!

Feels totally surreal to actually be able to post an update, but I received my confirmation of address email this morning. My timeline is as follows:

Application online: sometime in March 2019 (took me until Dec. to actually send off my docs though)
Docs received in Dublin: January 7 2020
Confirmation of address: March 1 2022

For those of you asking about the email it came from, it came from a specific staff member with an email ending in @dfa.ie My doc confirmation email came from noreply@dfat.ie The subject of today's email was "Foreign Birth Register" and then my application number. Hope this is helpful! I will update the spreadsheet with my info as well.

JeremyNYC
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyNYC » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:06 am

FBR cert arrived today. I updated the spreadsheet.

Timeline:
Application sent: Dec 16 2019
Docs Received: Dec 19 2019
Address Confirmation: Feb 10 2022 (responded immediately with new address proof)
Congrats email: Feb 24 2022 (emailed Feb 23 asking on status)
FBR arrival: Mar 2 2022 (cert is dated Feb 11, mailed to Florida)

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:17 pm

JeremyNYC wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:06 am
FBR cert arrived today. I updated the spreadsheet.

Timeline:
Application sent: Dec 16 2019
Docs Received: Dec 19 2019
Address Confirmation: Feb 10 2022 (responded immediately with new address proof)
Congrats email: Feb 24 2022 (emailed Feb 23 asking on status)
FBR arrival: Mar 2 2022 (cert is dated Feb 11, mailed to Florida)
Congrats Jeremy! So basically 2 weeks between address confirm and congrats email due to change of address?

freewondering
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by freewondering » Sat Mar 05, 2022 3:31 pm

For those that have applied for a passport - the proof of name and proof of address have to be separate. There is no mention of a driving licence for this for I can’t use that?

Ie: passport + bank statement + driving licence?

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:26 pm

Some interesting news recently. My documents for FBR were received in June 2019. I was getting increasingly concerned at not hearing anything so a couple months ago I called the FBR number and explained my concern. I was told to relax. Everything is fine and I should hear shortly.

As I learned about more applicants receiving approvals with significantly later dates but still no word on mine, I called again. This time I was told there was an “issue” with applications submitted around that time. I was given an address and instructed to send an official letter of inquiry via post with the details of my application. He would not elaborate on what he meant by “an issue “ but my worst fear now seems more likely than before - that a number of applications were lost or destroyed during or before the shutdown. The office was obviously not prepared for the onslaught of applications caused by BREXiT and the shutdown during COVID could have pushed them well beyond there ability to safely store, organize, or otherwise protect documents

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:53 pm

Pb300 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:26 pm
Some interesting news recently. My documents for FBR were received in June 2019. I was getting increasingly concerned at not hearing anything so a couple months ago I called the FBR number and explained my concern. I was told to relax. Everything is fine and I should hear shortly.

As I learned about more applicants receiving approvals with significantly later dates but still no word on mine, I called again. This time I was told there was an “issue” with applications submitted around that time. I was given an address and instructed to send an official letter of inquiry via post with the details of my application. He would not elaborate on what he meant by “an issue “ but my worst fear now seems more likely than before - that a number of applications were lost or destroyed during or before the shutdown. The office was obviously not prepared for the onslaught of applications caused by BREXiT and the shutdown during COVID could have pushed them well beyond there ability to safely store, organize, or otherwise protect documents
That's sad to contemplate! But looking at the spreadsheet don't see any indication of that.

ripforreallldo
United States of America

Post by ripforreallldo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:55 pm

i read a few months ago that there were a few official bags that the dfa uses to transport documents that were “lost.” i am hoping yours was not in those. the fact that they have not contacted you and you are having to chase them down when they also have all of your information stored electronically is a disgrace. please keep us updated if your hear anything! i hope you will be compensated in some way

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:12 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:53 pm
Pb300 wrote:

That's sad to contemplate! But looking at the spreadsheet don't see any indication of that.
Keep in Mind that this board represents an extremely small percentage of the thousands of applications in pending status and the speadsheet is an even smaller subgroup. The process, timelines, strategies, and “issues “ are largely undisclosed

Mr_Knight
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Mr_Knight » Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:40 pm

Pb300 wrote:
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40350518.html
This article says "Some bags were lost or misplaced in transit on their way to or from Irish embassies and consulates on seven separate occasions between May 2019 and March 2020" It is entirely possible they would not contact the people affected between these dates. Having to chase them up with extremely limited ways of contacting them or holding them to account is beyond frustrating i'm sure.

TrishMc
United States of America

Post by TrishMc » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:03 pm

Mr_Knight wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 5:40 pm
Pb300 wrote:
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40350518.html
This article says "Some bags were lost or misplaced in transit on their way to or from Irish embassies and consulates on seven separate occasions between May 2019 and March 2020" It is entirely possible they would not contact the people affected between these dates. Having to chase them up with extremely limited ways of contacting them or holding them to account is beyond frustrating i'm sure.
So reading the Irish Examiner article, it implies those were diplomatic pouches and I"m reading in to it that they were international shipments - "in transit on their way to or from Irish embassies and consulates"
Seems the OPs documents were lost internally to dfa/fbr. Not that it makes a difference to OP, but the "issues" referred to may be unrelated to the diplomatic pouches reported on.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:01 pm

Pb300 wrote:

Oh jeez, everything about that is a nightmare. What's worse is they now are requiring you to send an official letter via mail? I mean could you pick a slower method? Good luck getting this resolved as quickly as possible!

Donavan131296
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Donavan131296 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Hello everyone.

Hoping to get some feedback as time frames are becoming increasingly concerning.

Date of application : January 2020 (online)
Date of documents recieved email : February 2022

The biggest concern is how long after the email of confirmation can I expect to receive some more feedback?

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:57 pm

Donavan131296 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:12 pm
Hello everyone.

Hoping to get some feedback as time frames are becoming increasingly concerning.

The biggest concern is how long after the email of confirmation can I expect to receive some more feedback?

What specifically are you concerned about? Things seem to be moving much faster recently. Looking at recent applicants, seems to be about 2 weeks between the confirmation of address and the congratulations email although there are also instances of it being much quicker than that. Guessing it depends on the person or team at DFA.

Alk1978
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alk1978 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:08 am

I think you may be misunderstanding OPs post (if not my apologies but wanted to jump in, based on what I see here). When OP talks about “confirmation” I believe they are talking about confirmation their evidence documents have been received, not confirmation of mailing address. OP, based on you only just having had confirmation of your evidence being received in the past couple weeks, based on current timelines you are looking at around 2 years until you hear anything further - unless processing times speed up over that period - which is possible though I wouldn’t count on it shaving it down more than maybe 6 months to be honest. I had my confirmation of evidence email on the 30th January 2020. As yet I haven’t heard a single thing further though based on these boards, I’m hoping that will happen in the next few weeks. So it looks like for now my wait between submitting evidence and hearing anything further will be around 26 months. I’m really sorry if this is far longer than you’d hoped. There is, unfortunately, absolutely nothing you can do about it - there is no way to really contact them or chase them up. It’s best to just bookmark this forum and keep an eye on processing times. But you are likely looking at late 2023 if you’re lucky, early-ish 2024 if current timelines persist. It was once much quicker. The double whammy of a huge rush of applications as Brexit became fact, fast followed by numerous closures of the office for Corona (staff were seconded to work focused on the pandemic) has meant that the processing times are the longest they’ve ever been, by a long way.
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:57 pm
Donavan131296 wrote:
Hello everyone.

What specifically are you concerned about? Things seem to be moving much faster recently. Looking at recent applicants, seems to be about 2 weeks between the confirmation of address and the congratulations email although there are also instances of it being much quicker than that. Guessing it depends on the person or team at DFA.

Alk1978
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alk1978 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 am

Wait wait wait. Maybe I’m misunderstanding. OP, you state that you submitted your application in 2020, but then took TWO YEARS to submit your evidence. Did you mean the second date to also be 2020?

I’m certain your second date refers to the email confirming they have your evidence. If I’m right that you meant that to say 2020 rather than 2022 then I would suggest you are likely a month or so from hearing further.

Let us know!
Alk1978 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:08 am
I think you may be misunderstanding OPs post (if not my apologies but wanted to jump in, based on what I see here). When OP talks about “confirmation” I believe they are talking about confirmation their evidence documents have been received, not confirmation of mailing address. OP, based on you only just having had confirmation of your evidence being received in the past couple weeks, based on current timelines you are looking at around 2 years until you hear anything further - unless processing times speed up over that period - which is possible though I wouldn’t count on it shaving it down more than maybe 6 months to be honest. I had my confirmation of evidence email on the 30th January 2020. As yet I haven’t heard a single thing further though based on these boards, I’m hoping that will happen in the next few weeks. So it looks like for now my wait between submitting evidence and hearing anything further will be around 26 months. I’m really sorry if this is far longer than you’d hoped. There is, unfortunately, absolutely nothing you can do about it - there is no way to really contact them or chase them up. It’s best to just bookmark this forum and keep an eye on processing times. But you are likely looking at late 2023 if you’re lucky, early-ish 2024 if current timelines persist. It was once much quicker. The double whammy of a huge rush of applications as Brexit became fact, fast followed by numerous closures of the office for Corona (staff were seconded to work focused on the pandemic) has meant that the processing times are the longest they’ve ever been, by a long way.
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Donavan131296 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:26 am

Alk1978 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:12 am
Wait wait wait. Maybe I’m misunderstanding. OP, you state that you submitted your application in 2020, but then took TWO YEARS to submit your evidence. Did you mean the second date to also be 2020?

I’m certain your second date refers to the email confirming they have your evidence. If I’m right that you meant that to say 2020 rather than 2022 then I would suggest you are likely a month or so from hearing further.

Let us know!
Alk1978 wrote:
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Donavan131296 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Oh you may be right, I didn't even notice the second date was 2022.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:28 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:26 am
Alk1978 wrote:

Let us know!
Alk1978 wrote:
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Donavan131296 wrote:
Hello everyone.

My application documents were confirmed received on Feb 14, 2020. Personally I'm hoping to hear something in April or May and hopefully certificate by summer. fingers crossed.

Alk1978
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Alk1978 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:03 am

Ok so 14 Feb 2020, that’s a lot better :)

Yes, based on current timelines being posted I would suggest you should hear around mid-April. Best of luck!
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:28 am
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:26 am
Alk1978 wrote:

Let us know!
Alk1978 wrote:
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Donavan131296 wrote:
Hello everyone.

My application documents were confirmed received on Feb 14, 2020. Personally I'm hoping to hear something in April or May and hopefully certificate by summer. fingers crossed.

Donavan131296
Newly Registered
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Donavan131296 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:09 am

Alk1978 wrote:

Let us know!
Alk1978 wrote:
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Donavan131296 wrote:
Hello everyone.

No no, the application was in 2020 just before covid hit. While getting documenteds ready, as i was ready to submit they advised not to send documents due to covid. When they re opened in 2021 (think it was march) I sent my documents off (From South Africa). Then they closed again, till November 2021

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:40 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:01 pm
Pb300 wrote:

Oh jeez, everything about that is a nightmare. What's worse is they now are requiring you to send an official letter via mail? I mean could you pick a slower method? Good luck getting this resolved as quickly as possible!
This was the address I was given to write my letter of inquiry. I wrote it down exactly as it was given in that order, but I am not really sure of the correct format for addressing. I could use some help. I always wrote the country name last, but that is not how it was given to me. Any suggestions?
PO BOX 13003
Balbriggan, Dublin 4
County Dublin, Ireland
Aircode K32AE72

Pb300
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pb300 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:43 pm

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:01 pm
Pb300 wrote:

This was the address I was given to write my letter of inquiry. I wrote it down exactly as it was given in that order, but I am not really sure of the correct format for addressing. I could use some help. I always wrote the country name last, but that is not how it was given to me. Any suggestions?
PO BOX 13003
Balbriggan, Dublin 4
County Dublin, Ireland
Aircode K32AE72