ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Scorecard approach for not working candidate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Narbukra
Ireland

Scorecard approach for not working candidate

Post by Narbukra » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:57 pm

Hello,

My wife has been living in Ireland for 7 years and is applying for Irish naturalisation as Spouse of Irish National (SIN).

On the score card for the proof of residency, a minimum of one of the 3 proofs are required for each of the years: 1) P60 / Employment Detail Summary, 2) Department of Social welfare annual statement, 3) Bank statements.
My wife has no proof amongst the three. She has not worked as she did not need to, and hence has not had any employment history. She has not received social Welfare support. She only received child benefits for our child.
Does that mean that she does not qualify for Irish naturalisation even though she has been living in the state for 7 years?
She could provide other proofs such as gas bill, electricity and GP letter, but none of the 3 required proofs above.

Anyone has thoughts on this?

Thank you

Nala2021
Greece

Re: Scorecard approach for not working candidate

Post by Nala2021 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:17 am

Child benefit is social welfare, the only difference is that it's not means tested like others. The test there is that it stops when the child reaches 18 years of age - whether the payment is still needed or not in the family.

For the bank account, it is a shame that she doesn't have one. It really doesn't matter that she didn't need to work as there could have been a bank account present to use it for necessaries, or to process a utility bill (as there could have been a monthly stipend in her account from your wages).

Moreover, where does your wife receive the child benefit payments? Do they go into your bank account? Are they in her name, or your name? You can get a statement for the child benefit statements in the My Welfare website. Then an affidavit will need to be written in order to link those payments and the fact they get paid into your bank account.

Does your wife have utility bills in her name? And then do these get paid out of your bank account?

Or do you have a joint bank account?

Narbukra
Ireland

Post by Narbukra » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:26 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:17 am
Child benefit is social welfare, the only difference is that it's not means tested like others. The test there is that it stops when the child reaches 18 years of age - whether the payment is still needed or not in the family.

For the bank account, it is a shame that she doesn't have one. It really doesn't matter that she didn't need to work as there could have been a bank account present to use it for necessaries, or to process a utility bill (as there could have been a monthly stipend in her account from your wages).

Moreover, where does your wife receive the child benefit payments? Do they go into your bank account? Are they in her name, or your name? You can get a statement for the child benefit statements in the My Welfare website. Then an affidavit will need to be written in order to link those payments and the fact they get paid into your bank account.

Does your wife have utility bills in her name? And then do these get paid out of your bank account?

Thank you @Nala2021

My wife is still receiving child benefit in her name. The child benefit payment go into a bank account in my name.

I was told that Child benefit does not count for the required proof on the residency scorecard "Department of Social welfare annual statement".

Yes she has her name down on the utility bills and rent lease agreements. But the residency scorecard indicates that one of the following three proofs is mandatory in addition to utility bills, rent contracts etc. which are P60 / Employment Detail, Department of Social welfare annual statement, Bank statements.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:44 pm

Narbukra wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:26 am
Yes she has her name down on the utility bills and rent lease agreements. But the residency scorecard indicates that one of the following three proofs is mandatory in addition to utility bills, rent contracts etc. which are P60 / Employment Detail, Department of Social welfare annual statement, Bank statements.
Can she not enclose bank statements? Does she not have enough POS transactions or what is the issue with that?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:14 pm

Narbukra wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:26 am
Nala2021 wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:17 am

Thank you @Nala2021

My wife is still receiving child benefit in her name. The child benefit payment go into a bank account in my name.

I was told that Child benefit does not count for the required proof on the residency scorecard "Department of Social welfare annual statement".

-Have you checked the MyWelfare page to show the benefit amount (of child benefit) that has been paid out to your wife for the last 5 years?
-Who told you that Child benefit does not count for the required proof? They give money, into your account, it's proof enough for them to claim it back if something is not legitimate or legal. I would question the source of this information.
-I think you get 50 points for the lease/rental agreement - I assume payment is from your account, but write an affidavit to explain that
-Your wife is a dependent, you can use your P60/Employment detail (this also needs to be explained)
-Why is your wife's name on utility bills? Does she take care of all the correspondence with them etc? That can also be explained.

Look at the end of the day, when situations are different than what the department is asking for (which can look like a totally black and white situation), the only thing you can do is be honest with them, explain all situations and happenings, and truly hope for the best.

What about GP visits etc to make up for the rest of the points?