ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending IPR Card after Approval letter.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Emu1990
Ireland

Sending IPR Card after Approval letter.

Post by Emu1990 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:05 am

Hi guys I recently got approval letter and I submitted 950euro fees .picture and biometric copy of passport and scan copy of Irp card + declaration of loyalty..but I did not send original IRP card as I have travel plans in a week ..can I send it when i come back . Will it be a issue if I send it later. any idea guys .

Wow90
Ireland

Re: Sending IPR Card after Approval letter.

Post by Wow90 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:10 am

You need to give it back in order to receive the naturalization certificate.

Most likely they'll ask you for it in the website and won't send you the certificate until they receive it

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:06 am

That's not right . I recently got approval . They didn't ask me my irp card back . So I didn't .
But I still received my naturalisation cert .

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:07 am

Wow90 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:10 am
You need to give it back in order to receive the naturalization certificate.

Most likely they'll ask you for it in the website and won't send you the certificate until they receive it
That's not right . I recently got approval . They didn't ask me my irp card back . So I didn't .
But I still received my naturalisation cert .

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:11 am

Emu1990 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:05 am
Hi guys I recently got approval letter and I submitted 950euro fees .picture and biometric copy of passport and scan copy of Irp card + declaration of loyalty..but I did not send original IRP card as I have travel plans in a week ..can I send it when i come back . Will it be a issue if I send it later. any idea guys .
Did they ask you to send your irp card back ? They didn't ask me . So I didn't send. Even after receiving the naturalisation cert I didn't hear anything from them about sending the card back .

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:44 am

mayflower805 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:11 am
Emu1990 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:05 am
Did they ask you to send your irp card back ? They didn't ask me . So I didn't send. Even after receiving the naturalisation cert I didn't hear anything from them about sending the card back .
Yes it says on letter that I need to send original IRP cards with the declaration of loyalty....but it's strange they are asking some people for IRP card not everyone..

coolgirl
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by coolgirl » Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:15 pm

did they specify irp card or travel document. because irp card is not actually the travel document they mean. Please post the line in your approval letter that indicated to send the irp card.

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:22 pm

coolgirl wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:15 pm
did they specify irp card or travel document. because irp card is not actually the travel document they mean. Please post the line in your approval letter that indicated to send the irp card.
Letter says

"

If you are a holder of an Irish Residence Permit you will need to provide a scanned copy of the
in your passport. If your Irish Residence Permit was extended due to the COVID restrictions, your last
front and back of your current in-date IRP/GNIB card or a scanned copy of your in-date permission stamp
card is acceptable.
3. Return the completed Declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State along with:
• If you are a holder of an Irish Residence Permit you will need to submit your current in-date
IRP/GNIB card. If your Irish Residence Permit was extended due to the COVID restrictions, your last card
is acceptable.
. Your original Irish Travel Document (if applicable). Please do not submit your own national
passport.
To: Citizenship - CMU4, Department of Justice, Rosanna Road, Tipperary Town, Co. Tipperary
E34 N566

Michabi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Michabi » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:15 pm

Hi All ,
The same here , I got my application approved and it doesn't say that I should return my IRP/GNIB card .
They need a scanned copy only .
I'm holding a Permanent residence .

Regards