ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entry visa for adults

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gvgdhar
Newly Registered

Re-entry visa for adults

Post by gvgdhar » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:42 am

Hi,
Any info on how to apply for a re-entry visa for adults in Ireland?

I know re-entry visas are abolished in place of IRP cards. However, the Immigration website advises that if one can't get an IRP card in time, they have to apply for a re-entry visa to renter Ireland. Unfortunately, all the links directing to re-entry visas are not working and the department is taking 15 days to email queries

Please share any info you have

Thanks, Giridhar

meself2
Ireland

Re: Re-entry visa for adults

Post by meself2 » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:12 pm

All I know is that there is a visa department somewhere in Burgh Quay, but don't think they'll just let you in. Your best bet is probably to wait for immigrationsupport response.
There is the email I found in minor visa guidance, but it's valid only for emergencies. If that's the case, you might want to email there.
In the case of an emergency, such as a family illness, you can email the re-entry visa office and request urgent processing. You must provide proof of the emergency when making your request, by email to: reentryqueries@justice.ie
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

qaz12315
Newly Registered
India

Post by qaz12315 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:58 pm

I am wondering about the same for quite a while now-how to obtain a re-entry visa for adults who are already in Ireland?

The website has a form but for minors only. I emailed immigrationsupport@justice.ie in the last week of January 2022, still haven't received a response.

Shelter
Pakistan

Post by Shelter » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:12 am

I have same question..after sending original IRP card to citizenship department..if I have to travel what I suppose to do .. i don't know how to get ready entry visa ..

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:46 am

gvgdhar
Newly Registered

Post by gvgdhar » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:20 pm

[quote=littlerr post_id=2058863 time=1646307999 user_id=199420]
ireland/travelling-back-to-ireland-irp- ... l#p2044069
[/quote]
Thank you for sharing this thread. In their case, the IRP card is with the Immigration department, so they were sort of eligible to apply for a re-entry visa.

My conclusion after all this struggle is they don't generally give re-entry visas. They are issued only in the case of IRP card is held by them and you have to travel on an urgent basis.

qaz12315
Newly Registered
India

Post by qaz12315 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:45 pm

From my understanding so far, you can only get a re-entry visa if you were outside Ireland after January 15th 2022 and had your expired IRP card with you. You could apply at the Irish embassy in the country you are in. The link is https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome2.aspx

If you are in Ireland with an expired IRP and wish to travel and return to Ireland after Jan 15th 2022, you would need to apply at the Irish embassy in the country you are visiting, explaining them the situation in the application. Very risky path in my opinion, unless there is an urgent need to travel.

Can't understand why they cannot just make available the form for re-entry visa for adults on the immigration website!

Sent another email today to immigraonsupport, but there's little hope for a reply.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:18 pm

gvgdhar wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:20 pm
My conclusion after all this struggle is they don't generally give re-entry visas. They are issued only in the case of IRP card is held by them and you have to travel on an urgent basis.
Whether they have your IRP is irrelevant. The visa department and GNIB department are two separate departments and the visa department doesn't care whether a separate department has your card. Technically and legally they can't even access your card details unless you give them permission to do so.

You can apply for a re-entry visa if (1) you are currently living in Ireland, (2) you do not have your IRP card for whatever reason, and (3) you have an urgent/essential reason for travel.
qaz12315 wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:45 pm
From my understanding so far, you can only get a re-entry visa if you were outside Ireland after January 15th 2022 and had your expired IRP card with you. You could apply at the Irish embassy in the country you are in. The link is https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineHome2.aspx
That's incorrect for two reasons. (1) Re-entry visas are still being issued. You just have to qualify for the visa by satisfying all 3 conditions above. (2) Embassies do not issue re-entry visas. Re-entry visas are only issued by the Visa department in Burgh Quay. Embassies only issue entry visas, and that can take a *lot* of time, up to several months if you need to apply for a Type D visa.

gvgdhar
Newly Registered

Post by gvgdhar » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:38 am

[quote=littlerr post_id=2058973 time=1646345934 user_id=199420]
[quote=gvgdhar post_id=2058898 time=1646320812 user_id=66672]
[/quote]

Whether they have your IRP is irrelevant. The visa department and GNIB department are two separate departments and the visa department doesn't care whether a separate department has your card. Technically and legally they can't even access your card details unless you give them permission to do so.

You can apply for a re-entry visa if (1) you are currently living in Ireland, (2) you do not have your IRP card for whatever reason, and (3) you have an urgent/essential reason for travel.

[quote=qaz12315 post_id=2058925 time=1646329503 user_id=235827]
[/quote]

That's incorrect for two reasons. (1) Re-entry visas are still being issued. You just have to qualify for the visa by satisfying all 3 conditions above. (2) Embassies do not issue re-entry visas. Re-entry visas are only issued by the Visa department in Burgh Quay. Embassies only issue entry visas, and that can take a *lot* of time, up to several months if you need to apply for a Type D visa.
[/quote]

Thats a long-winded explanation for what I said in a one-liner :-bd