ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint bank statements

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JSF222
Newly Registered
Ireland

Final year continuous residence proof

Post by JSF222 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:05 pm

I'm hoping someone can clarify the final year continuous residence proof required.

UK national, resident in Ireland 16 years so satisfy the 5 years. I'm gathering my documents together and have everything for 2017,2018,2019,2020 & 2021 (Mortgage statements, bank statements, P60s etc).

I'm confused on the proving '1 year of continuous residence immediately before the date you apply' - does this I should be sending residency proof for January and February of this (2022) year also? Or is this simply in relation to the 6 week rule?

Curious what others have done before me. thank you!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Final year continuous residence proof

Post by littlerr » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:35 pm

You just need to confirm that you have lived in Ireland for the last 12 months (bar the allowed 6-week absence). It's more for non-EU nationals as they will need to prove they have been given a continuous permission to live in the state for that period (by showing the residence permit or immigration stamps in passport).

For UK nationals, you have the permission to live here indefinitely, so you do not need to do anything extra.

In practice, sometimes INIS asks for additional proofs of residence for the last 3 months, so if you have some proofs like utility bills and bank statements, just send them away.

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:04 pm

I would send 12 months of bank statements to show that continuation - just to get that out there first, so they are not asking you for it. If you happen to have a credit card and so on, I would send statements for the full year for that also.

JSF222
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JSF222 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:56 pm

Thanks folks, I'll throw in the full years worth including 2022 to date to avoid even being asked for them. :)

JSF222
Newly Registered
Ireland

Joint bank statements

Post by JSF222 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:24 pm

Hi all, I was wondering if joint bank statements are sufficient as residency proof and if anyone has used them? My salary goes into AIB personal account but I transfer an amount into the AIB joint (in both mine and partners name and we both transfer into it each month) and use that account for all bills, day to day transactions etc. Personal bank account statements have very little POS transactions on them due to us operating in this way. I can send both, personal shows salary in and transfers to joint, joint shows all bills, debits, POS transactions etc.

Thanks

Nala2021
Greece

Re: Joint bank statements

Post by Nala2021 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:44 am

JSF222 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:24 pm
Hi all, I was wondering if joint bank statements are sufficient as residency proof and if anyone has used them? My salary goes into AIB personal account but I transfer an amount into the AIB joint (in both mine and partners name and we both transfer into it each month) and use that account for all bills, day to day transactions etc. Personal bank account statements have very little POS transactions on them due to us operating in this way. I can send both, personal shows salary in and transfers to joint, joint shows all bills, debits, POS transactions etc.

Thanks
If this is the process you use with your partner, then this is the process you use with your partner. INIS do not have the right to tell you how you will conduct your family business. So that should be the basis of the mindset.

You will have to send in statements from all bank accounts you hold in any case, so you would need to send bank statements for your personal AIB and the joint.

To clarify, do you have less than 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive months in your personal AIB account?

If yes, then you will have to provide some sort of explanation in an affidavit as to which are the probable every day transactions that you would make in the joint account, and which ones your partner would most likely do.

If no, (which means that you have at least 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive months in your personal AIB account), then all you have to do is provide the statements for both personal and joint bank accounts and you are sorted.

Again, in both cases, you have to send in statements from all bank accounts you hold in the State.

JSF222
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by JSF222 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:48 am

Nala2021 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:44 am
To clarify, do you have less than 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive months in your personal AIB account?
Thanks so much for your reply.
I have less than 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive months in my AIB personal account. For clarity I actually have 3 accounts.
1) AIB personal account: Salary goes in here, few DDs such as phone bill & car insurance but mainly feeds my joint account, Revolut and Savings accounts.
2) AIB joint account: Mortgage payments, all joint bills (Sky, Electricity, Gas etc), food shop, basically everything shared. Most of the utility bills are solely in my name.
3) Revolut Account: Personal day to day spending and has more than 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive month.

So I guess I just send 6 consecutive calender months for ALL three acounts then and that should cover me?

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:48 pm

JSF222 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:48 am
Nala2021 wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:44 am
Thanks so much for your reply.
I have less than 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive months in my AIB personal account. For clarity I actually have 3 accounts.
1) AIB personal account: Salary goes in here, few DDs such as phone bill & car insurance but mainly feeds my joint account, Revolut and Savings accounts.
2) AIB joint account: Mortgage payments, all joint bills (Sky, Electricity, Gas etc), food shop, basically everything shared. Most of the utility bills are solely in my name.
3) Revolut Account: Personal day to day spending and has more than 3 POS transactions per calendar month, for 6 consecutive month.

So I guess I just send 6 consecutive calender months for ALL three acounts then and that should cover me?
Logically, I believe that it should. This is the best possible thing you can do. Judging from the 3 accounts, I'm not sure if you necessarily need an affidavit for the spending of the joint account. You show where the wages come in (account 1), you show the bills etc (account 1 & 2), and through your Revolut account (account 3) you show the needed amount of the POS transactions - although you get that this view is accompanied with a 'but' because I could never be sure what INIS would want to cross reference and check.

For the last year, which is to prove continuous residence, I would go for 12 months accounts.