ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply with an expired passport???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jayjolly

Applying for naturalisation with expired passports

Post by Jayjolly » Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:42 am

Hi,

I am applying for my naturalisation with my expired passport and i'm stuck in one of the highlighted questions below.

Do you have a valid passport? No
You are unable to provide your passport with your application because Other
Provide the reason My passport has expired and I am unable to renew due to difficulty getting an appointment from Embassy due to COVID19 as it requires physical appearance.

After the questions above it asks for my expired passport details which I have added. Then i get the following set of questions:

Do you have a valid national identity card? No
Do you have a most recent expired national identity card? No
Do you have a travel document? No
Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification. ???? What should i answer here?

My thoughts was to add this as the answer "My country national identity card has only been introduced recently and requires physical appearance in my home country and my family and I have not traveled outside the UK for almost 5 years since 2017."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jayjolly

Re: Applying for naturalisation with expired passports

Post by Jayjolly » Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:57 pm

Anyone can help me with this.

Thanks.

Jayjolly

Re: Applying for naturalisation with expired passports

Post by Jayjolly » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:14 am

Jayjolly wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:42 am
Hi,

I am applying for my naturalisation with my expired passport and i'm stuck in one of the highlighted questions below.

Provide the reason My passport has expired and I am unable to renew due to difficulty getting an appointment from Embassy due to COVID19 as it requires physical appearance.

After the questions above it asks for my expired passport details which I have added. Then i get the following set of questions:

Explain why you are unable to provide a valid form of identification. ???? What should i answer here?

My thoughts was to add this as the answer "My country national identity card has only been introduced recently and requires physical appearance in my home country and my family and I have not traveled outside the UK for almost 5 years since 2017."

Thanks.

Jayjolly

Can I apply with an expired passport???

Post by Jayjolly » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:16 am

Hi,

Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can I apply with an expired passport???

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:24 am

If that is the explanation then submit that - not sure why you refer to ID card instead of passport.
You will have to provide alternative documents for residency, such as P60 or council tax bills. ILR holder normally just need to submit their passport(s) covering the residency period.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Jayjolly

Re: Can I apply with an expired passport???

Post by Jayjolly » Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:00 am

Thanks. Much appreciated.