ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request passport return while EU SS Family Permit application is pending

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yellow beard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Request passport return while EU SS Family Permit application is pending

Post by yellow beard » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:53 pm

Hello

Does requesting the passport while the EUSS Family Permit application is pending invalidate the application? Also, we have been waiting since mid June 2021 for the Permit for my mother in law. I complained to UKVI two times and received responses containing little by way of substance. They claim (rather conveniently) there is no set processing time limit for this visa type. What can we do please? Can gurus or other applicants like us offer some advice?

Thank you in advance

kamoe
European Union

Re: Request passport return while EU SS Family Permit application is pending

Post by kamoe » Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:08 pm

yellow beard wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:53 pm
Hello

Does requesting the passport while the EUSS Family Permit application is pending invalidate the application? Also, we have been waiting since mid June 2021 for the Permit for my mother in law. I complained to UKVI two times and received responses containing little by way of substance. They claim (rather conveniently) there is no set processing time limit for this visa type. What can we do please? Can gurus or other applicants like us offer some advice?

Thank you in advance
Unfortunately this is a well known issue. The two things that you can do are:

1. Write to your MP, and ask them to escalate
2. Report this delay to the 3million here: https://www.the3million.org.uk/report-it

None of the above guarantees any outcome, but the more people escalate and report, the more arguments there will be for the Home Office to up their game and give more priority to these kind of applications.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

yellow beard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yellow beard » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:59 pm

kamoe wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:08 pm

Unfortunately this is a well known issue. The two things that you can do are:

1. Write to your MP, and ask them to escalate
2. Report this delay to the 3million here: https://www.the3million.org.uk/report-it

None of the above guarantees any outcome, but the more people escalate and report, the more arguments there will be for the Home Office to up their game and give more priority to these kind of applications.
Thank you Kamoe!

We have asked our MP to escalate our complaint but their response was very similar

"I can confirm Ms XXX's application has been escalated to an Entry Clearance Officer for progression. However, I am unable to provide a timescale for the completion of all actions". I probably will re-escalate but we despair. Are there legal avenues to force UKVI to make a decision on the application?

Also, with regard to my first question, does requesting a passport back invalidate the application? How can we request the passport as my mother in law cannot travel at the moment.

yellow beard
Newly Registered
Mood:
Argentina

Post by yellow beard » Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:48 pm

Could someone suggest how to request a passport back please?