ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letterhead paper - how should it look?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kotiara

Letterhead paper - how should it look?

Post by Kotiara » Wed May 18, 2005 8:03 am

Guys, i'm about to send my documents to the HO. My references and payslips are printed on letterhead paper. I am now concerned because of the way this paper looks: just printed in color on a regular piece of paper. The header has a company logo in color, company name and contact info in black in English and Russian. There is no footer. It doesnt really look fake (and it's not fake), but it looks ..mmm...easy to fake.

Anyway, here's what I have on these letterheads:
1. Ref letter, signed and stamped, so dont need to worry abt that one.
2. Payslips - each printed on the letterhead paper, no signatures or stamps (the latest instructions say it's ok to send slips w/o signatures or stamps on letterhead paper).

Do you think they will accept these documents?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 18, 2005 8:16 am

Kotiara, I think ... don't worry! I suspect that some countries are more stuck in the "rubber stamp age" than others. And I don't think the UK is.

I have been in business for years. My business does not have printed stationery, and never has had. Its letterheading consists merely as a template in Word, and so the letterhead and the letter are simply printed at the same time. Also, my business has absolutely no rubber stamp.

I am sure that my business is not alone in operating in this way. The cost savings are great. No need to store pre-printed letterheadings .... no need to change the paper in the printer dependent upon whether letterheading is needed, or not .... and no need to pay a commercial printer for expensive letterheadings.

IND will be well aware that fewer and fewer businesses will have "proper" printed letterheadings, or rubber stamps. So again Kotiara, don't worry about it.
John

Kotiara

Post by Kotiara » Wed May 18, 2005 9:08 am

John, thanks a lot for your input. Sounds optimistic.

Yinkuze

Post by Yinkuze » Thu May 19, 2005 9:29 am

Kotiara,

as long as they are original and 'verifiable', then u dont have to fret

Its not only the letterhead that verifies ur employment status, the tax clearance (showing ur compay name) or bank account showing salary remission also does

good luck with ur application
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine