ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set(o) online application date confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Set(o) online application date confusion

Post by traveller666 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:42 pm

Hi,

My wife is applying ILR under Set(o) [Tier 2 dependent] and had confusion regarding the earliest application date/Appointment date.

Date of first visa validity start date: 02/05/2017
Date of first entry to UK: 11/05/2017
Calculating the 4 year 11 months period (with period starting from 02/05/2017), I get the date this happens is: 2 April 2022, which should be the earliest she can apply for ILR right?

She is looking to book a premium service appointment(1 day processing), so in order to get an in-person appointment for 5th April, she has filled-in the application form as the appointment booking comes after filling-in online application.
So, her filled-in application states that, date of application is: 07/03/2022, will this mean the application will get rejected? Though here premium service appoint will only be attended on 05/04/2022, on which she is within 28 days of qualifying period.
Could someone please help asap as checking some online websites for earliest application date, they all seem to suggest to apply only after 3rd April 2022 , however to submit online application on that date and getting a premium service appointment on 5th April 2022 is highly unlikely.

Thanks,
Trinity

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Set(o) online application date confusion

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:19 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi, would really appreciate if you could clarify with regards our situation. Reading that link, I thought, it meant that they should consider the premium service appointment date? Is that correct and the above mentioned application should be fine? Or should we cancel this and re-apply?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:19 pm

The date of the decision: This is the date your application is will be considered by the caseworker for decision. This is the date that will be used
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:37 am

Thanks Zimba.