ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing address on citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghostbuster2000
Newly Registered
United States of America

Changing address on citizenship application

Post by ghostbuster2000 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:46 pm

I applied for UK Citizenship in November 2021 (ILR + 12 months in the UK). So it has now been 4 months with no updates on the case whatsoever. I know the expected time is up to 6 months, and then even longer.

But my concern is that I changed my home address in December 2021. So

1. Is it possible that some communication was mailed to me (and not duplicated over email) - request for some documents, etc. - something that would technically put the case on hold pending my response?
2. How can I update my mailing address on the application?

Thanks!

ghostbuster2000
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Changing address on citizenship application

Post by ghostbuster2000 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:20 pm

Sooo... Nobody knows how to update mailing address after citizenship application has been submitted?... Surely I am not the only one in such situation?..

duranduran
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by duranduran » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:08 pm

Hey, did you manage to find an answer for that? I may need it for myself as well.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:06 pm

Not sure this helps - someone else may have a different opinion:
https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... vi-account
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ghostbuster2000
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ghostbuster2000 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Nope, still have not figured out...

I've tried
https://www.gov.uk/update-uk-visas-immi ... vi-account

but cannot access the account for some reason.. I enter my BRP or passport and date of birth, but I am getting a message they don't match.. Not even sure what 'UKVI account' means.. Is it my application? I tried to login to my application, and it says there are 'mandatory actions', which include attending biometrics appointment - which I did back in November... Does everyone's application account (used to submit the application) stay this way, basically frozen after the application fees are paid? Or should I get worried that UKVI did not receive the documents that UKVCAS should have submitted after the biometrics appointment?

I've also tried calling the number (03007906268) listed here:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside- ... nt-details

But the option to discuss inflight application does not lead me to an operator, basically saying that no communication on inflight application is possible...

Very frustrating...

This got to be a common situation - a person changing address during application processing, given how long it takes, right?.. So must be some standard way to update it?...