ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Clearance Certificate for Naturalisation for a spent offence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sptiling01
Newly Registered
Ireland

Police Clearance Certificate for Naturalisation for a spent offence

Post by sptiling01 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:34 pm

I have applied for Naturalisation last year and just received a request for a Police clearance Certificate, I never declared any offences but did have a minor one just over 10 years ago which i totally forgot to declare, any idea what will happen if it is included on my Police Certificate? will my application just be rejected or will i be banned from re-applying on a future date?

Nala2021
Greece

Re: Police Clearance Certificate for Naturalisation for a spent offence

Post by Nala2021 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:47 pm

sptiling01 wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:34 pm
I have applied for Naturalisation last year and just received a request for a Police clearance Certificate, I never declared any offences but did have a minor one just over 10 years ago which i totally forgot to declare, any idea what will happen if it is included on my Police Certificate? will my application just be rejected or will i be banned from re-applying on a future date?
-When you mean you received a request for a Police Clearance Certificate, do you mean that you got a request for the Garda vetting, or a request for a Police Clearance Certificate from you home country/any other country you may have put in your address list in your application for naturalisation?

-What was the minor offense? Was it something like a parking ticket which you got, never went to court over, and you paid off?

-Was the minor offence committed in the Republic of Ireland, or abroad?

sptiling01
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sptiling01 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:08 am

Secretary General of eire has requested the certificate from myself here in the UK, offence was a minor assault charge over 10years ago

Nala2021
Greece

Post by Nala2021 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:06 pm

sptiling01 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:08 am
Secretary General of eire has requested the certificate from myself here in the UK, offence was a minor assault charge over 10years ago
This is slightly confusing for me, perhaps others can assist here. Are you in the Republic, or in Northern Ireland? Also there is no minor assault charge - maybe you mean common assault and perhaps it was your first offence?

In any case, it could be an issue if one does not mention any charges etc on the form. You would need a good reason for having forgotten to do so, and what would also assist the situation is if you contact them and make good as soon as you possibly can after having remembered to show good faith.