ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

suraj_d
Newly Registered
India

Visitor visa query

Post by suraj_d » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm

Hello,

I am about to apply for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law who has recently visited the UK from Sept 2021 to Jan 2022 which was sponsored by my sister-in-law. Now I am planning to invite and sponsor her in April 2022 for 6 months.

I have two queries in relation to that -

1. Can she apply for a visitor visa twice in 12 months?
2. If so, will it have any negative impact on her future visa applications? As she will be visiting the UK with a gap of only three months between two visits?

Thank you!

secret.simon

Re: Visitor visa query

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:47 pm

It does not matter who the sponsors are. The applicant, your mother-in-law, is still the same.

Can she give a good cogent explanation of why she needs to visit the UK again for such a long period so soon?

The fact that she has already resided in the UK for 5-6 months in the recent past will count against her being issued another visit visa.

The general expectation is that the applicant has such strong ties with her country of habitual residence that they spend more time in that country compared to the UK. If she can afford to come back to the UK in 3-4 months, the "strong ties" may be judged to be not sufficiently strong.

Also, Appendix V of the Immigraton Rules requires that the applicant be a genuine visitor and "not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home;". If she is returning to the UK so soon, she may just fail this test.

And once a visit visa has been refused, getting one in the future gets that much tougher for the rest of their life.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Visitor visa query

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:46 pm

suraj_d wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm
Hello,

I am about to apply for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law who has recently visited the UK from Sept 2021 to Jan 2022 which was sponsored by my sister-in-law. Now I am planning to invite and sponsor her in April 2022 for 6 months.

I have two queries in relation to that -

1. Can she apply for a visitor visa twice in 12 months?
2. If so, will it have any negative impact on her future visa applications? As she will be visiting the UK with a gap of only three months between two visits?

Thank you!
Does not appear to be the best path to follow and you know it hence your exact questions.
secret.simon has answered extensively.