ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & CCJ

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ADAMcann
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

ILR & CCJ

Post by ADAMcann » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:53 pm

Hi All
Can someone please help . I have applied for the ILR and I was not aware that I had a CCJ against me...😭. I came to know while checking credit score ... That was few years old and send to previous address. I don't even know who's behind the CCJ . Do I need to inform Home office ( as my ILR application is under process). ?

Thank me
Adam

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR & CCJ

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:31 pm

CCJ is simply a county court order to pay some debt and it is a civil issue. If a CCJ is issued without your knowledge, you can even ask the court to set it aside if you did not receive, or did not respond to, the original claim from the court saying you owed the money. I suggest you do that

CCJs have no effect on ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Solo4Life
European Union

Re: ILR & CCJ

Post by Solo4Life » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:05 am

ADAMcann wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:53 pm
Hi All
Can someone please help . I have applied for the ILR and I was not aware that I had a CCJ against me...😭. I came to know while checking credit score ... That was few years old and send to previous address. I don't even know who's behind the CCJ . Do I need to inform Home office ( as my ILR application is under process). ?

Thank me
Adam
In the guidance HO says that debt is not a reason to refuse ILR unless it's too much debt. So a single CCJ is not a reason for rejection. However, you need to have declared it in application form and they could refuse your application if they find out about it. You will then need to prove to them that you did not intend to lie. In this case, I would think it's better to tell them. To be 100% sure you can get do a consultation with a lawyer. It will cost you like 100 pounds if its just a half an hour session. But there are of course more expensive ones.

I personally think you should just tell them since a CCJ will not be a reason for rejection but dishonesty can be.