ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

***Spouse visa application Uk - Need help***

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

***Spouse visa application Uk - Need help***

Post by christsgirl0 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:17 am

Hi, For my spouse visa application, one of my marriage witnesses is providing me with a reference letter. Her name is on my marriage certificate and it's xxxxx (her husband's surname). But she is providing a photocopy of her Passport along with the reference letter and there her name is xxxxxx. All her IDs have her maiden name on them. Will this make any difference or hamper my visa application in any way?
Also regarding our savings, do we need to show the source of savings even though it has been in my account for over a year?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ***Spouse visa application Uk - Need help***

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:17 am

A reference letter is not required and will be disregarded.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:43 am

christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:17 am
Hi, For my spouse visa application, one of my marriage witnesses is providing me with a reference letter. Her name is on my marriage certificate and it's xxxxx (her husband's surname). But she is providing a photocopy of her Passport along with the reference letter and there her name is xxxxxx. All her IDs have her maiden name on them. Will this make any difference or hamper my visa application in any way?
Also regarding our savings, do we need to show the source of savings even though it has been in my account for over a year?
If you are using savings to meet the financial requirements you are required to present a declaration of source of the funds. Though not required but where possible you can show the source of the funds.
As CR001 responded, reference letter is not required, it carries no weight or influence on the decision.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:45 am

My husband is providing his wage slips but I have some savings of my own which I will include for the application.. do I need to show the source of savings for that?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:10 am

christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:45 am
My husband is providing his wage slips but I have some savings of my own which I will include for the application.. do I need to show the source of savings for that?
If the income of the sponsor which is backed by payslips and corroborating payslips is sufficient to meet the financial requirements then better to stick to that (no need to show savings) so as not to confused CW and complicate your application.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:22 pm

Ok. What do you recommend regarding submission of documents, should I scan and upload the documents myself or should I get VFS to do it? Which option would be safer so that no documents get misplaced or missed out?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:46 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:22 pm
should I scan and upload the documents myself
This option is more likely to ensure documents are not missed.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:37 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:22 pm
Ok. What do you recommend regarding submission of documents, should I scan and upload the documents myself or should I get VFS to do it? Which option would be safer so that no documents get misplaced or missed out?
Scan and upload yourself.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:42 am

Ok. Is it mandatory to download and include the bar code separators while uploading the documents myself? Or do I add title pages (eg. Category 1- applicant's documents, Category 2 - Sponsor's documents)?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:37 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:42 am
Ok. Is it mandatory to download and include the bar code separators while uploading the documents myself? Or do I add title pages (eg. Category 1- applicant's documents, Category 2 - Sponsor's documents)?
If you are self uploading just do your upload as much as youncan under the categories, if being done at the VAC the separators assist them with the categories as it is just uploaded in 1 swoop.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:54 pm

Thanks for your reply. I came across the SU07 form (Sponsor a visa applicant) as well as "FAMILY DECLARATION" Form. Do we have to include these forms in my Spouse visa application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:02 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:54 pm
Thanks for your reply. I came across the SU07 form (Sponsor a visa applicant) as well as "FAMILY DECLARATION" Form. Do we have to include these forms in my Spouse visa application?
No, this form is NOT required for a spouse visa!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:51 pm

I have read that the family declaration form is mandatory for Spouse visa applications? Is it? Link below:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:55 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:51 pm
I have read that the family declaration form is mandatory for Spouse visa applications? Is it? Link below:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ration.pdf
I refereed to your SU07 form query, which is NOT required.

The declarations are obviously required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 am

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I am confused about the Consent forms for the spouse visa. I am applying from outside the Uk and my husband is a British citizen. Is the Consent form part of the spouse visa application form? Do we both have to sign it? Is the Family declaration form separate? Under which section do I upload them? Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:56 am

christsgirl0 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:32 am
Hi there, thanks for your reply. I am confused about the Consent forms for the spouse visa. I am applying from outside the Uk and my husband is a British citizen. Is the Consent form part of the spouse visa application form? Do we both have to sign it? Is the Family declaration form separate? Under which section do I upload them? Thanks
Correct it is part of the application.
Part 1 you sign
Part 2 Partner signs
Part 3 If 3rd party financial assistance involved

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:16 am

Thank you. I have a question... Is a housing report mandatory for the spouse visa application? My husband has his own flat, he is the leaseholder and we are providing the documents from the Housing trust and mortgage papers. Thanks again

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:38 am

If he is leaseholder, living with no other occupants that are not family in the house then should not be a problem applying without HIR.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:54 am

Ok thanks. Do we need to submit Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirement form?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:07 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:54 am
Ok thanks. Do we need to submit Appendix 2 of VAF4A: financial requirement form?
No, the questions in it already Incorporated into the online application form.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:13 am

I need some urgent advice. I have just submitted my spouse visa application, just realised that I made a silly mistake on the form. The question was What is my relationship with the sponsor? Instead of answering wife, I answered Husband. Do I need to cancel and redo the application?
Will I have to pay the IHS and visa fees again? Please help!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:40 am

christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:13 am
I need some urgent advice. I have just submitted my spouse visa application, just realised that I made a silly mistake on the form. The question was What is my relationship with the sponsor? Instead of answering wife, I answered Husband. Do I need to cancel and redo the application?
Write a cover note, highlight the error and correction and upload with documents.

christsgirl0
Newly Registered
India

Post by christsgirl0 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:52 am

Ok thanks. Will do. The rest of the application is fine. Just to be sure.. this mistake wouldn't hamper my application right?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 pm

christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:52 am
Ok thanks. Will do. The rest of the application is fine. Just to be sure.. this mistake wouldn't hamper my application right?
It should not

sparkleaa9
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Urgent :: Re: ***Spouse visa application Uk - Need help***

Post by sparkleaa9 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:27 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:40 am
christsgirl0 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:13 am
Write a cover note, highlight the error and correction and upload with documents.
Hi, i have made the similar mistake. I will write a cover note and highlight the error. What documents we have to upload? I have already uploaded my Marriage certificate. My biometrics is not done yet.