ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on ILR application for Child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Need help on ILR application for Child

Post by akuram » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:13 pm

Hello All,

I needed a help regarding applying ILR for my daughter.
I and my daughter came to UK in 2017. I came on Tier 2 general VISA and my daughter came as my dependent. My husband came to UK on ICT Visa and then after a year changed as my dependent.

Now i am eligible for ILR as i have completed 5 years. My daughter has also completed 5 years as my dependent. But since my husband changed his Visa he has still 1 year remaining to become eligible for ILR.

Can i apply for ILR for my daughter along with my application?

We wanted to confirm that If only one parent is eligible for applying ILR and the other parent is not (not completed 5 years in a single visa type) can we still apply the ILR for child?

Or both parents should be eligible for ILR if we want to apply for our child?

Hoping to hear back.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help on ILR application for Child

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:28 am

Can i apply for ILR for my daughter along with my application?
No
We wanted to confirm that If only one parent is eligible for applying ILR and the other parent is not (not completed 5 years in a single visa type) can we still apply the ILR for child?
No
Or both parents should be eligible for ILR if we want to apply for our child?
Yes. Your daughter can apply for ilr when your husband qualifies for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:58 pm

Thanks CR001 for the Reply.

So i am in the process of filling the PBS dependent Visa extension for my husband and daughter.

I have the below query. i started the application with filling in my husbands details and then i was prompted if i want to add an other applicant and then i selected dependent child and added my daughter.

Now when filling the details for my daughter i am asked

"Parent Two's details"

I am confused here if Parent Two details we should fill mine (mother) or husband's?

Also what should be the answer to below question again asked for my daughter.

Travel history (UK)
Have you been to the UK in the past 10 years?

Hoping to hear back.
Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:10 am

Yours.

Yes
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:43 am

Thanks for the reply.

For this question Have you been to the UK in the past 10 years?
If i select Yes then it asks me the below

How many times have you been to the UK in the past 10 years?
If you are unsure of the exact number, provide an estimation. You will be asked to provide details for up to 3 of your most recent times in the UK.

1.What dates should we provide here.

Because she came to UK in April 2017 and then staying here since then accept for the India trips that we did to visit family and tourist visits to some countries.

Also a off topic clarification.
2. Can we scan the documents using our Phone (scancam) and then covert to PDF and uplaod?

Appreciate the help from the forum.

Thanks

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:15 pm

Hello,

Can any one please help us clarify the above

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:35 pm

1. Just provide the correct dates!

2. Yes. No need to convert, jpg is accepted
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:04 am

Thanks for the reply really appreciate the help.

I have another question. I have read quite a few comments in the board and i my understanding is for the correct IHS fee to be calculated the details we provide in the IHS payment page below should be

* Work Start date: 14th Mar 2022
* Work End date: 14th Mar 2025
* Visa expiry date: 14th Mar 2025

My Clarification was for Work Start date should it be the date i started filling the application or the date when i will submit the application.

Thanks again for all the All.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:52 am

It does not matter, as long as the form allows you to continue to the payment page and asks you to pay correct 3y IHS.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:58 pm

Thanks for your help.

I needed one last help me after paying the IHS fee. When i am submiting the Visa application it is asking me to pay the below for 2 application. Can you confirm that this is the correct fee for PBS dependent partner and PBS dependent child visa application fee.

Priority service : pay 3854.40 GBP, most people get a decision within 5 working days after attending their biometrics appointment

Thanks

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:00 pm

Can someone please help clarify this ASAP i am in the middle of submitting the application form.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:46 pm

Application fee £702 + Priority £500 + Biometric £19.2 = £1221.2 per person

Yours does not look right

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:39 pm

Hello,

Thanks ywlgy for the replay,

Is the wrong application fees is because when filling the IHS application to pay for the IHS fees we filled the Visa category as skilled visa 5 years??

We have already paid the IHS fees(3 years it was correctly calculated)

And also submitted the visa application.

Is there is a way to ask for refund or cancel both the IHS and Visa application and reapply.

And how long the above would take?

Waiting for your replay to take the next actions

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:16 am

You can withdraw here https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa. The refund will take a few weeks or months.

When you reapply, quote the wrong application UAN at the beginning of the form when asked if you have other applications with UKVI. This might help speed up the refund. Also make sure you answer 3 years in application form when asked your CoS length.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 am

Hello thanks for the constant help.

I had below questions

1. If I withdraw the application I will be refunded both the IHS and the application fee or should I do something differently to get the refund of IHS.

2. Will I get complete refund or partial.

3. Should I mention the CoS length as 3 years both in visa application and in IHS.

4. Would it be a problem if I just leave the application like that (though I will loose some money as I am not sure if the refund would be really given as I would have to wait for weeks or months ) I would loose the extra money I paid for application rather than both the application fee+ IHS fee.

5. Can I some how request just the refund of the extra application fee I paid (for choosing the wrong cos period)

Thanks for your valuable help.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:04 pm

akuram wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:52 am
Hello thanks for the constant help.

I had below questions

1. If I withdraw the application I will be refunded both the IHS and the application fee or should I do something differently to get the refund of IHS. Both

2. Will I get complete refund or partial.Full

3. Should I mention the CoS length as 3 years both in visa application and in IHS.Yes, this the reason your application fee was calculated wrongly

4. Would it be a problem if I just leave the application like that (though I will loose some money as I am not sure if the refund would be really given as I would have to wait for weeks or months ) I would loose the extra money I paid for application rather than both the application fee+ IHS fee. No problem if you proceed with the current application.

5. Can I some how request just the refund of the extra application fee I paid (for choosing the wrong cos period)I think you can. But it might not be automatic. You could complain after getting the visa to request a partial refund at https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

Thanks for your valuable help.

akuram
Newly Registered
India

Post by akuram » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:16 am

Hello,

Thank you for your support we will go with option 5.