ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rsw1010
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Foreign Birth Registration

Post by rsw1010 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:29 pm

Hello,

I'm a Jan 2020 applicant, docs received Jan 27th and still not heard a peep. Wondering if anyone else is from Jan 2020 and still waiting? As I've seen some Feb applicants getting theirs now! :? I literally check my inbox everyday!

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:48 pm

TrishMc wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:00 am
I believe online appications for passport renewals has been the standard for years, and during COVID they moved all new passport applicaitions online as well. I got something from my embassy in late 2020, or 2021 about that, IIRC.
Ok, interesting. I'm guessing they did that when basically all the embassies were closed and only processing emergency passport applications. Hopefully they change that back soon as processing all online passport applications globally from just the embassy in Dublin seems sub-optimal.

Thanks for the info, was just curious.

stone_panda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stone_panda » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:52 pm

rsw1010 wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:29 pm
Hello,

I'm a Jan 2020 applicant, docs received Jan 27th and still not heard a peep. Wondering if anyone else is from Jan 2020 and still waiting? As I've seen some Feb applicants getting theirs now! :? I literally check my inbox everyday!
I’m a Jan 2020 applicant too, my documents were accepted 23rd of January. Haven’t heard anything yet, but I’m refreshing my emails in anticipation for it to be any day now hopefully!

stone_panda
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by stone_panda » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:52 pm

rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

I’m a Jan 2020 applicant too, my documents were accepted 23rd of January. Haven’t heard anything yet, but I’m refreshing my emails in anticipation for it to be any day now hopefully!

The narrator
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by The narrator » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:39 pm

rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

Hi, yes, application submitted 7th January, documents received 20th January 2020, haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully we'll hear something during the next few weeks.

joemac41
Ireland

Post by joemac41 » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:35 pm

rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

Join the club Jan 22nd received.

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:09 am

rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

According to someone's post after speaking with FBR team, they are processing Jan 2020 now.

Jojo1904
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Jojo1904 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:28 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:09 am
rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

According to someone's post after speaking with FBR team, they are processing Jan 2020 now.
I was 28th January and got my address confirmation a couple of weeks ago and certificate is on its way. It was processed with Team 1 so possibly different teams are working at different speeds and yours is sitting on someone’s desk just about to be processed because I’ve seen some February applicants have now heard back. The strange thing was I happened to email them because I was worried about my change of address and phone number and within 2 hours I received a reply back to confirm my address! Confirmed my new address and 1/2 hour later got my congratulations email, all very fast in the end after 25 months of waiting!

JeremyNYC
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by JeremyNYC » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:18 am

Jojo1904 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:28 am
Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:09 am
rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

I was 28th January and got my address confirmation a couple of weeks ago and certificate is on its way. It was processed with Team 1 so possibly different teams are working at different speeds and yours is sitting on someone’s desk just about to be processed because I’ve seen some February applicants have now heard back. The strange thing was I happened to email them because I was worried about my change of address and phone number and within 2 hours I received a reply back to confirm my address! Confirmed my new address and 1/2 hour later got my congratulations email, all very fast in the end after 25 months of waiting!
It seems as if the email nudging has an effect.. like they got lost in the shuffle and the reminder kicks things into gear.I nudged 2 weeks after my address conf and got the congrats right after, and the cert was dated two weeks prior, the day after address conf.

JoannaKJ
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by JoannaKJ » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:01 am

thommykins wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:01 am
Wahoo! I'm officially Irish! Will be enjoying a Guinness tonight!

Application submitted: Jan 2020
Documents accepted: Feb 24 2020
Address verification: Mar 1 2022
Congratulations email: March 9 2022

Now to wait for my docs to be returned to Australia... so I can send them back as part of my Irish passport application :P
Great news Thommykins. I’m also in Australia but applied four months later than you. Would you mind posting when you receive your certificate? I shall be in Europe for a couple of months from June and would like to know which address to give when I - fingers crossed - get my address confirmation. After two years of closed borders who’d have thought it might arrive just when I’m not home!

Adrian B
Newly Registered
England

Post by Adrian B » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 pm

Online application 14/12/2019
Docs posted 13/01/2020

Recorded delivery did confirm received on 16th Jan.

Not heard a thing since!

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:44 pm

Hi All,

I have a question... I am applying for Irish foreign birth registration via my grandfather who died before I was a born. Someone in another forum mentioned that your grandparent had to be alive at the time of your birth to qualify. Has anyone heard of this?

I can't find any reference to it anywhere so wondered if this was true? Bit worried now that I might be rejected on this basis if it is.

Thanks in advance!

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:45 pm

Hi All,

I have a question... I am applying for Irish foreign birth registration via my grandfather who died before I was a born. Someone in another forum mentioned that your grandparent had to be alive at the time of your birth to qualify. Has anyone heard of this?

I can't find any reference to it anywhere so wondered if this was true? Bit worried now that I might be rejected on this basis if it is.

Thanks in advance!

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:16 pm

Apple10 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:45 pm
Hi All,

Thanks in advance!
It is false. I just received my FBR awhile back. My grandfather died 4 years before I was born.

jgclancy

Apple10
England

Post by Apple10 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:18 pm

Thank you for confirming Mr Clancy!

I got a bit worried there that I might denied on that basis...

JohnFBR
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by JohnFBR » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:50 pm

JoannaKJ wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:01 am
thommykins wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:01 am
Wahoo! I'm officially Irish! Will be enjoying a Guinness tonight!

Application submitted: Jan 2020
Documents accepted: Feb 24 2020
Address verification: Mar 1 2022
Congratulations email: March 9 2022

Now to wait for my docs to be returned to Australia... so I can send them back as part of my Irish passport application :P
Great news Thommykins. I’m also in Australia but applied four months later than you. Would you mind posting when you receive your certificate? I shall be in Europe for a couple of months from June and would like to know which address to give when I - fingers crossed - get my address confirmation. After two years of closed borders who’d have thought it might arrive just when I’m not home!
First of the February submissions!!Congrats!! 🎉🎉🎉

brainiacghost
United Kingdom

Post by brainiacghost » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:47 pm

rsw1010 wrote:
Hello,

10th Jan, heard nothing as yet

rlgh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rlgh » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:43 pm

Hi everyone,

FINALLY recieved my Irish citizenship certificate today after a wait of about 25 months... and my name isn't correct on the certificate 🤦🏼‍♀️

The document shows my maiden name, however I was married when I applied to the FBR service and submitted a marriage certificate AND deed poll certificate confirming my change of name. This seems to have been ignored, and the FBR has been issued to my maiden name.

When it comes to applying for my passport, I don't want to use my maiden name! It's not the name I go by anymore and I haven't for nearly 6 years - I'm very frustrated after this being such a long and drawn out process and I wondered if I could get some help/ guidance. I'm going to contact them first thing on Monday but I don't want another delay of months/ years...

TLDR: FBR document issued with maiden name, despite me providing proof of change of name. What do I do?!

Rocky101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rocky101 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:42 pm

Hi,

I'm pretty sure only maiden names are put onto the certificates. Mine has my mum's maiden name although I sent in details of her married name.

You should be fine with the passport. If you want it in your married name, send in your marriage certificate and they should do it with that name.
rlgh wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:43 pm
Hi everyone,

FINALLY recieved my Irish citizenship certificate today after a wait of about 25 months... and my name isn't correct on the certificate 🤦🏼‍♀️

The document shows my maiden name, however I was married when I applied to the FBR service and submitted a marriage certificate AND deed poll certificate confirming my change of name. This seems to have been ignored, and the FBR has been issued to my maiden name.

When it comes to applying for my passport, I don't want to use my maiden name! It's not the name I go by anymore and I haven't for nearly 6 years - I'm very frustrated after this being such a long and drawn out process and I wondered if I could get some help/ guidance. I'm going to contact them first thing on Monday but I don't want another delay of months/ years...

TLDR: FBR document issued with maiden name, despite me providing proof of change of name. What do I do?!

rlgh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rlgh » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:08 pm

Would that work even with doing the passport application online - so do I need to post supporting documents?
Rocky101 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:42 pm
Hi,

I'm pretty sure only maiden names are put onto the certificates. Mine has my mum's maiden name although I sent in details of her married name.

You should be fine with the passport. If you want it in your married name, send in your marriage certificate and they should do it with that name.
rlgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:09 am

Rocky101 wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:42 pm
Hi,

rlgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

Interesting. My name changed as a kid, so the name I go by, and on my US passport and drivers license is the not the same as the name on my birth certificate. I'm hoping my FBR cert doesn't have the name on my birth certificate. Though I guess as long the passport has my current actual name, it doesn't really matter.

jgclancy
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by jgclancy » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:11 am

rlgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

Like your birth certificate the FBR has your name at birth-it is a " birth" record. Like your regular birth certificate- both which will be needed for passport application.

jgclancy

Dalton_Trumbo
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Dalton_Trumbo » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:58 am

jgclancy wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:11 am
rlgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

Like your birth certificate the FBR has your name at birth-it is a " birth" record. Like your regular birth certificate- both which will be needed for passport application.

jgclancy
Hey JG, so my FBR cert will have the name on my birth certificate rather than my current legal name on my US passport and I'd just submit the FBR, birth certificate and name change forms when I apply for the passport? And my passport will have my current legal name. As I mentioned, my name was changed as a kid (first name not last name). Did I get that right?

MikeyMike
Ireland

Post by MikeyMike » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:21 am

It's great to hear that the backlog has reached Feb 20. Another 6 months or so till they reach my application, I reckon. Made some soda bread for breakfast today-I can feel the Irishness growing inside me! Oh, in case anyone's interested, an Etsy shop called Flashything offers blinky shamrock badges in various flavours. Anyone ordering from UK&I might still receive theirs in time for St. Patrick's day. Good luck to you all with your FBR applications.

rlgh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by rlgh » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:49 am

Dalton_Trumbo wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:58 am
jgclancy wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:11 am
rlgh wrote:
Hi everyone,

jgclancy
Hey JG, so my FBR cert will have the name on my birth certificate rather than my current legal name on my US passport and I'd just submit the FBR, birth certificate and name change forms when I apply for the passport? And my passport will have my current legal name. As I mentioned, my name was changed as a kid (first name not last name). Did I get that right?
Dalton - that's exactly what I'm wondering. It just seems like a lot of extra steps - I sent in my change of name information with the FBR, and now I'll have to send it in again with the passport application?!