ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please can someone advise..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Please can someone advise..

Post by UKJPN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm

Firstly I'm sorry, I have left a few messages about this on another post, but the post was locked.

I'm going to be applying for my wife's visa on the 6th of June. ... I want to understand how the visa application works exactly in the background.

I've heard many home office staff are now dealing with visas for Ukrainian refugees ( which by the way, I completely understand)

My question is, are all visas delayed because of the fact all home office staff are dealing with Ukrainian visas

Or

Are visa delayed only on certain countries? ( My wife is from Japan)

Thank you and sorry for all the questions.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Re: Please can someone advise..

Post by UKJPN » Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:13 pm

VFS global for all other countries is the company I'm using for my wife's visa.

But will things be delayed in the UK? Where are the home office based? They make the final decision on all visas?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:10 am

UKJPN wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:59 pm
I want to understand how the visa application works exactly in the background.
You do know that none of us work for the Home Office, don't you?

All of us have either been on the immigration journey or have helped family members on an immigration journey. Some of the people on these forums may have some legal knowledge, some of us (like me) can google information reasonably well.

But you can't expect us to know what is happening inside the Home Office.

If we did, we'd be more likely to be in a newspaper, not a public forum.

Once your application is submitted, it has gone into a black hole into which is hard to see or discern anything.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:17 pm

Thank you for your reply..

It might seem silly questions, but when your wife and kids are the other side of the world and with such crazy times, sometimes silly and crazy questions are asked.

I've been seperated from my family since the 1st of December 2021..I cannot apply for my wife's visa until the 6th of June 2022...I also have my son ( who lives in Japan ) he should be starting school in England in September.

Time is not on my hands, so I simply wanted to know if anyone could advise and give some friendly help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:54 pm

UKJPN wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:17 pm
Thank you for your reply..

It might seem silly questions, but when your wife and kids are the other side of the world and with such crazy times, sometimes silly and crazy questions are asked.

I've been seperated from my family since the 1st of December 2021..I cannot apply for my wife's visa until the 6th of June 2022...I also have my son ( who lives in Japan ) he should be starting school in England in September.

Time is not on my hands, so I simply wanted to know if anyone could advise and give some friendly help.
There are a lot of uncertainties going on around at the moment and no clear message from governments on all aspects of society or lives. Information has to come from government on position of things and such trickle out first before someone can offer "friendly advice or help" especially when such may be acted upon by others.
At this point what options do we all have besides patience?

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Post by UKJPN » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:01 pm

Sorry my wife's asks me all the time..why does it take so long to get a visa for the UK.

She always mentions about my Japanese visa in 2017, it took 3 months to get it .

Japanese efficiency , she will say