ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English requirement documents - ECCTIS document enough or foreign degree must also be provided?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashrizvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

English requirement documents - ECCTIS document enough or foreign degree must also be provided?

Post by ashrizvi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:18 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my spouse's first family visa extension.
We have the documents from ECCTIS Visas and Nationality service, obtained after due verification of the spouse's degree, transcript and letter from the university regarding the medium of instructions.

Now our question is, to meet the english language requirement:

1 >> does my spouse need to give the foreign degree (as well as the ECCTIS documents) to the UK Home Office as part of the extension application, OR

2 >> just the documents from the ECCTIS visas and nationality service be sufficient

(reason for asking this question is, that the actual degree document is with the foreign education authorities for attestation and we do not think, we will be able to get it in the UK in time for our visa extension application).

Hope somebody has come across this situation or has knowledge about this.

I am trying to find the guidance on the supporting documents but struggling. Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Ash

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: English requirement documents - ECCTIS document enough or foreign degree must also be provided?

Post by Korekt » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:53 pm

ashrizvi wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:18 pm
1 >> does my spouse need to give the foreign degree (as well as the ECCTIS documents) to the UK Home Office as part of the extension application,
Yes
(reason for asking this question is, that the actual degree document is with the foreign education authorities for attestation and we do not think, we will be able to get it in the UK in time for our visa extension application).
What about a digital copy?
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

ashrizvi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: English requirement documents - ECCTIS document enough or foreign degree must also be provided?

Post by ashrizvi » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:46 am

Thank you Korekt.

We have the digital/scanned copies of the degree and transcript.

We might be ok as we came across this regarding documents, when we continued to fill in the online application form.
"Providing your documents
You must provide your documents after you submit your application, these can be originals or copies. Any passports provided must be originals."
Fingers crossed.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:38 pm

Degree & ECCTIS letter should suffice.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.