ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Northern Ireland and Citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sib2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Child Citizenship query

Post by sib2 » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for sharing thoughts on this.
Couldn't find specific information on this in forum.

As a naturalised citizen, I have applied citizenship application of my child (7 years of age), he is non eu, and living in Ireland for more than 5 years. Child currently attending school in Dublin.

His citizenship application could take around 24 months.

I want to start working in north, and in 2-3 months time, we as family thinking of moving to north.

If we move to north, would their be any affect on child's citizenship application?

Child will start school in north, and we can inform citizenship department regarding our move and provide details of new address and school in north.

Would there be any issue or child's citizenship application will continue as normal?

Thanks

sib2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Child Citizenship query

Post by sib2 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:24 pm

Hi,

anyone have any thoughts on this please

sib2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Northern Ireland and Citizenship

Post by sib2 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:30 am

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance for sharing thoughts on this.
Couldn't find specific information on this in forum.

As a naturalised citizen, I have applied citizenship application of my child (7 years of age), he is non eu, and living in Ireland for more than 5 years. Child currently attending school in Dublin.

His citizenship application could take around 24 months.

I want to start working in north, and in 2-3 months time, we as family thinking of moving to north.

If we move to north, would their be any affect on child's citizenship application?

Child will start school in north, and we can inform citizenship department regarding our move and provide details of new address and school in north.

Would there be any issue or child's citizenship application will continue as normal?

Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Northern Ireland and Citizenship

Post by meself2 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:28 pm

Good question. As ISD says,
If you are outside the State for longer than 6 weeks after you submit your application, you must notify ISD by letter or email to explain why.
and when you fill out an adult's application, you agree that you expect to live in Ireland afterwards, so ISD would've not been very happy, but child's application is different. Not sure if there's such question as it gives 404 now.
You also need to send in a valid IRP card when the citizenship is approved as an adult -
To complete your application for citizenship and prepare for the ceremony, you must:

Send some final documentation to us (as listed in your approval letter) such as your Irish Residence Permit (IRP) or GNIB card, passport-sized photos for your Certificate of Naturalisation.
Not sure if it's applicable for minors, but if it is, you won't be able to provide one, which may be an issue.

Honestly, I think your situation is too specific to give a definite answer. I, personally, wouldn't risk it, but it's your call.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.