ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super priority service for ILR SET ( LR )

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

illmatrix
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Drunk in charge ( DR40 ) and ILR Application

Post by illmatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:03 am

Hi ,

I have been living in the UK for over ten years now and my son which is 8 years old is a British citizen. My leave to remain in the UK will expire April 2022. I have a motoring conviction from 2016 where I was given ten points and fined for drunk in charge of a vehicle. Instead of extending my leave to remain so I could wait till my conviction become spent, I'm thinking of applying for my ILR since I have been living in the UK lawfully for 10 years.

Can you please advise if the drunk in charge offence that will be spent next May will affect my ILR application that I'm planning to make this year ? I'm also thinking of using the priority service due to work reasons. I have checked the rules for the grounds for refusal but it's not really clear and not explicitly stated that ILR application will be denied if DR40 conviction is not spent. I think the decision will be at the discretion of the caseworker. I haven't had any offence since then.

Can you advise me please ? Will my ILR application be refused due to the DR40 offence? I will appreciate your swift response. I just want to know if anyone with a similar case has been successful with their ILR application.

I have heard that the HO usually consider convictions that are spent for naturalisation/British citizenship application. Since ILR is different for British Citizenship, I'm not sure if they usually refuse ILR application based on unspent convictions. Thanks for the good work. This site has been very useful. I wish I wouldn't have to bother you but I couldn't find a similar case. Thanks

illmatrix
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Drunk in charge ( DR40 ) and ILR Application

Post by illmatrix » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:10 am

My motoring conviction is from 2017 not 2016.I will appreciate your swift response . Thanks

illmatrix
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Super priority service for ILR SET ( LR )

Post by illmatrix » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:46 am

Hi ,

Is super priority service suspended for ILR SET (LR) ? The super priority service doesn't appear to be available.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Super priority service for ILR SET ( LR )

Post by zimba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:15 pm

illmatrix wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:46 am
Hi ,

Is super priority service suspended for ILR SET (LR) ? The super priority service doesn't appear to be available.
Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Amah22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amah22 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:07 pm

Super priority service is still available for ILR and any visas

Amah22
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amah22 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:09 pm

My ILR with super priority service is delayed do anyone have a Idea how long it takes