ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sorry but again GAP issues between renewals...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GardropFuat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Sorry but again GAP issues between renewals...

Post by GardropFuat » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:20 pm

Hello people, before starting I would like to thank all of you. People here do really great work; share their information, help out each other. It's good to see some solidarity around.

My question is (as it has been addressed several times) the gap between renewals and how will it affect Naturalisation (citizenship) process. Even though pretty early for me to think about this issue(s) I just wanna ask and get some second opinions.

So basically my reckonable citizenship has started counting from September 2020 (First Stamp 1). If everything goes well, I will apply for citizenship right after September 2025. (I have a Stamp 4 visa now.)

----------------------------------------

Although the problem is gaps between renewals. For example 2020, I had been waiting for my Stamp 1 approval letter and it came in July 2020. The next day I did my online renewal, yet I received my IRP card in September 2020. (Lost around 2 months...)

Same for Stamp 4; I got my approval letter in November 2021, next day I did my online renewal and IRP card was sent to me this January. (Again at least 2 months...)

Due to technical issues (backlog, the system was pretty slow etc) and COVID restrictions of course delays happened to everyone. And I have sufficient evidence (Screenshots, E-mails, online renewal dates, approval letters) to demonstrate all those issues in the future.

So people what would you say? Am I overthinking or they would understand and everything will be just fine?

Thank you very much and keep safe :)

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Sorry but again GAP issues between renewals...

Post by mentalmind » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:51 pm

First of all, the logic “I came to Ireland in September 2020 so I can apply in September 2025” is flawed. There are certain residence day requirement you need to meet apart from other rules and conditions you need to meet.

Also, you don’t have to apply next day after you complete your 5 years residence. Always add extra days to your residence, so if you have gaps, days you were away from Ireland etc. you won’t have missing days. Or you can apply right after and get refusal due to missing days and lose your application fee and all the effort.

About the gaps, if you have proofs that you had applied for residence permit and you weren’t in the State illegally then it’s all fine.

GardropFuat
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Re: Sorry but again GAP issues between renewals...

Post by GardropFuat » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:03 pm

Appreciate for answer :)

Actually I’ve been living here since 2018. Sorry did not mention. The reason why I’ve specified 2020 was cause it is the date my reckonable citizenship days started. (got my Stamp 1)