ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Justifications for time spent outside of the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yoyo77
Newly Registered
Algeria

Justifications for time spent outside of the UK

Post by Yoyo77 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:13 am

Hello,
I am on a Tier 2 visa and I will be eligible to apply for ILR in a few months. I’ve had 3 different employers in the past ~4.5 years all under Tier 2. In the list of documents to submit it says that I need letters from my employers to justify my absence from the UK. With one of the employers I was in very bad terms and I don’t think there is any chance they will issue any document for me. Will that be a problem? I can ask my former manager in that company to write something for me though, but him too left the company on bad terms lol.
I did not spend a lot of time abroad during my time there, like 1 month-1.5 months. This time includes weekends, bank holidays and time off

Thanks

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Re: Justifications for time spent outside of the UK

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:53 am

You only need such letter from your current employer
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:49 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yoyo77
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Yoyo77 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:19 am

Thanks both. You mean the rules have changed? I checked last year and a letter from all employers was requested!
If so, this is a good news