ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how much money must my eea wife show.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsurferguy

how much money must my eea wife show.

Post by jsurferguy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi, i am planning to apply for my eea family permit before coming to london. My future wife in registered under workers registration scheme and has a residence certificate as a student and is also working 15 to 20 hours a week.
We have a joint account together and i would like to know how much money to i have to show to say we are ok financially ? and usually should i show 3 month bank statement or just the amount that we have during the last week ? Also will they take into consideration how much she earns per week or not ? would that make any difference ? please help !!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Should show that you can maintain yourselves without recourse to public funds.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

soul.biz

Post by soul.biz » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Hey there,

We applied from a third country for a EEA FP, without a job in the UK and without having provided an address in the UK......and it was GRANTED!!!!

We showed that we were going to go into the UK with about GB3000 (some of it cash and some of it was not going to be available until next week).

Basically, just like our mate Vinny said, you need to convince them that you can support yourselves without using Public Funds; be it with funds, jobs...

jsurferguy

Post by jsurferguy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:50 pm

many thanks, i think i should be ok then as my future wife in already in employment and we have slightly more than you stated ! i feel a better now, many thanks for the replies