ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application consideration email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kash112
United Kingdom

Re: Application consideration email

Post by kash112 » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:43 pm

j666my wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Tasneempitha wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:14 pm
j666my wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:26 pm
**Posted this on another thread too**

Our 60 working days was yesterday......received this email from HO Thursday 10th March 2022...

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre"

Wonder how much longer we'll have to wait.....
Hey! Can i know when did you receive this email as I will be completing 12 weeks next Tuesday. I am damn scared that are there delays with all the applications because they have told me there is a delay in applications and when my husband called them on Friday they said the war refugees have another team to handle the visas so the spouse visa has no effect on them and they are working as per the schedule. Now I don't know what to believe.
I got it on Thursday. Our 12 weeks ended on Friday 11th (yesterday).
Do u know which centre is dealing with ur application? It should be mentioned on ur consideration email. Is sheffield or somewhere else?

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:11 am

There is a new update on the government website that the ukvi are giving visas to the Ukraine refugees and thus our applications will be delayed.

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:29 am

Yes you are right
But how many days we have to wait more.....

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:42 am

I don't know either. I hope inshallah we get it soon. May Allah bless us!

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:19 am

I think someone mentioned earlier in his topic that it shouldn't affect our applications the Ukraine situation i think the person mentioned they spoke to someone and there's a different group/department working on the Ukraine applications...

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:38 am

j666my wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:19 am
I think someone mentioned earlier in his topic that it shouldn't affect our applications the Ukraine situation i think the person mentioned they spoke to someone and there's a different group/department working on the Ukraine applications...
Yeah it was my husband who spoke to the ukvi. But on the government website they have issued an official statement. So really don't know to be honest. Actually on tuesday my 12 weeks end. So let's see what happens. I will update you guys as soon as I get any news.

dellledd911
Sri Lanka

Post by dellledd911 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:27 pm

Tasneempitha wrote:
Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:11 am
There is a new update on the government website that the ukvi are giving visas to the Ukraine refugees and thus our applications will be delayed.
Can you post the source as a screenshot?

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:57 pm

kash112 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:43 pm
j666my wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 5:18 pm
Tasneempitha wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:14 pm
j666my wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:26 pm
**Posted this on another thread too**

Our 60 working days was yesterday......received this email from HO Thursday 10th March 2022...

"Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 60 working days.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

Wonder how much longer we'll have to wait.....
Hey! Can i know when did you receive this email as I will be completing 12 weeks next Tuesday. I am damn scared that are there delays with all the applications because they have told me there is a delay in applications and when my husband called them on Friday they said the war refugees have another team to handle the visas so the spouse visa has no effect on them and they are working as per the schedule. Now I don't know what to believe.
I got it on Thursday. Our 12 weeks ended on Friday 11th (yesterday).
Do u know which centre is dealing with ur application? It should be mentioned on ur consideration email. Is sheffield or somewhere else?
Yeah Sheffield

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:29 am

I emailed (paid email) to Home office despite them saying there's a slight delay to see if i get a different response asking for an update and i got the same automated message again

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. We understand how frustrating these delays are and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If it has been over 60 working days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Type of Visa applied for:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:
E-mail address used on application:

You are not required to book any travel before you apply or before a decision is made on your application. You’ll only be refunded if we have not started processing your application.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents."

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:19 am

Let see what they'll do now....keep updating , thanks for sharing information

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:41 am

Haider81 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:19 am
Let see what they'll do now....keep updating , thanks for sharing information
Did u email them recently asking for status?

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 am

No I didn't....today my 52 working day , will ask after 60 WD

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:12 pm

j666my wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:29 am
I emailed (paid email) to Home office despite them saying there's a slight delay to see if i get a different response asking for an update and i got the same automated message again

"Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. We understand how frustrating these delays are and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.

If it has been over 60 working days for settlement applications, please provide the following details:

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:

You are not required to book any travel before you apply or before a decision is made on your application. You’ll only be refunded if we have not started processing your application.

We strongly recommend that you do not buy a non-refundable, non-flexible ticket to the UK, until your visa application has been approved and you have received your documents."
I think they have asked you to escalate the matter and nothing else! I have put an email too today still haven't got a reply. Shall keep all of you updated. Dua for all and please do remember me in yours!

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:19 pm

Tasneempitha wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:12 pm
j666my wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:29 am

Full Name:
Date of Birth:
GWF number:
IHS number:
Passport number:
Place of submission:
Date of biometrics:
Nationality:

I think they have asked you to escalate the matter and nothing else! I have put an email too today still haven't got a reply. Shall keep all of you updated. Dua for all and please do remember me in yours!
I hope u get v gud results

erikapgc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erikapgc » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm

My husband has received the same email exactly on the date it completed 12 weeks since he attended his biometrics appointment (email received on the 1st March 2022). On Monday, 7th March 2022 I called Home Office to know what was happening and they said a decision had already been made on my husband's application and that we should allow 10 working days to receive any further updates. Not 100% happy with this and extremely anxious we called again on the 10th March 2022. The lady I spoke with said the same thing, that a decision had already been made between the time we received that email and the first time I called. She also said that if we didn't receive any update until the 21st March (10 working days from my first call) we should call them again and they would escalate the matter.
What bothers me is the fact that 2 people said a decision has been made but no official email was sent to corroborate that.
Is this normal? If a decision has been made then why are they taking so long to send an email and allow us to collect my husband's passport?

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:15 pm

According to my knowledge if decision made on your husband's application then after 10 to 15 working days you will receive passport.
Let suppose if decision made on 5 March then you will receive passport between15 to 20 March.
In these days they are not sending decision made email, if someone ask them than they tell that decision is made or not , so when your passport will ready for collection in visa application centre than your husband will receive call or sms or by courier service they will inform you to collect passport.

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:40 pm

erikapgc wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm
My husband has received the same email exactly on the date it completed 12 weeks since he attended his biometrics appointment (email received on the 1st March 2022). On Monday, 7th March 2022 I called Home Office to know what was happening and they said a decision had already been made on my husband's application and that we should allow 10 working days to receive any further updates. Not 100% happy with this and extremely anxious we called again on the 10th March 2022. The lady I spoke with said the same thing, that a decision had already been made between the time we received that email and the first time I called. She also said that if we didn't receive any update until the 21st March (10 working days from my first call) we should call them again and they would escalate the matter.
What bothers me is the fact that 2 people said a decision has been made but no official email was sent to corroborate that.
Is this normal? If a decision has been made then why are they taking so long to send an email and allow us to collect my husband's passport?
Do keep us updated with your situation please. Goodluck

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:59 am

erikapgc wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm
Hie erikapgc! Can i know your biometrics date.
Update: I had called them today. It's still awaiting a decision. And she said all escalation has been suspended this cannot help me!

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:33 am

How many days we have to wait more? They stop processing our applications ? :cry:

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:12 am

Haider81 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:33 am
How many days we have to wait more? They stop processing our applications ? :cry:
I know one applicant . Applied on 1 february on priority. Got visa today as she completed 6 weeks today. I don't know are the delaying only standard application or what?
I feel the regret now not opting for priority.
Tbh I am now just praying since I do not even know till when do we have to wait!

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:51 am

This is the reply i got today:

"With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision. We understand how frustrating these delays are and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

UK Visas and Immigration is currently prioritising applications made under the Ukraine Family Scheme, following its launch and in response to the humanitarian crisis arising from the invasion of Ukraine.

As a result, customers with standard applications in study, work, and family routes may experience some delays in the processing of their application.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre (VAC) when your passport is ready for collection. Do not attend the VAC until you have been invited to do so.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:07 am

This is the email I got today.

"Thank you for your application for permission to enter and stay in the UK

You will be aware that the Home Office is currently responding to the humanitarian crisis arising from the invasion of the Ukraine. Unfortunately, this has meant we have had to refocus our resources away from business as usual activity, which has created some delays in processing applications.

We will therefore be unable to decide your application within our published customer service targets, I am sorry for any delay and inconvenience this is causing. Please be assured that we are doing all we can to make a decision on your application as quickly as possible.

Please note Visa Application Centres are working under increased pressure to resolve applications. Do not attend a Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind regards,

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:57 am

This is utter nonsense from the UKVI. No idea how on earth they process the applications.

This is what they mentioned on the website:
UKVI is prioritising Ukraine Family Scheme applications in response to the humanitarian crisis caused by the invasion of Ukraine, and so applications for study, work and family visas may take longer to process.

‘Priority’ and ‘super priority’ visa services have been temporarily suspended for new study, work and family visa applications.

Standard visitor visas are currently taking an average of 6 weeks to process.

UKVI apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You will be contacted by the visa application centre when your passport is ready for collection. Do not attend the visa application centre until you have been invited to do so.

Before applying for your visa, please check the latest information on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visa decision waiting times: applications outside the UK

I have contacted my MP to ask for the update and let's see what she comes up with.

erikapgc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erikapgc » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:00 am

Haider81 wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:15 pm
According to my knowledge if decision made on your husband's application then after 10 to 15 working days you will receive passport.
Let suppose if decision made on 5 March then you will receive passport between15 to 20 March.
In these days they are not sending decision made email, if someone ask them than they tell that decision is made or not , so when your passport will ready for collection in visa application centre than your husband will receive call or sms or by courier service they will inform you to collect passport.
I really hope you are right. I'll keep this board updated.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:05 am

klownking wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:57 am
This is utter nonsense from the UKVI. No idea how on earth they process the applications.

This is what they mentioned on the website:
UKVI is prioritising Ukraine Family Scheme applications in response to the humanitarian crisis caused by the invasion of Ukraine, and so applications for study, work and family visas may take longer to process.

‘Priority’ and ‘super priority’ visa services have been temporarily suspended for new study, work and family visa applications.

Standard visitor visas are currently taking an average of 6 weeks to process.

UKVI apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You will be contacted by the visa application centre when your passport is ready for collection. Do not attend the visa application centre until you have been invited to do so.

Before applying for your visa, please check the latest information on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visa decision waiting times: applications outside the UK

I have contacted my MP to ask for the update and let's see what she comes up with.

Will contacting the MP will help? Can she speed up the process?