ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employer during Stamp 4 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lostbanana
Newly Registered
China

Changing Employer during Stamp 4 application

Post by lostbanana » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:49 pm

Hi all!
I have a tricky situation -

I'm currently a Stamp 1 holder, and my IRP expires in May.
My current employer is putting together a Stamp 4 support letter application, however it seems like it will take 6-8 weeks. And then I can apply for Stamp 4, which then takes another 10 weeks or so.

If I were to change jobs, do I have to wait until after I received the Stamp 4 (in 4-5 months time)???? Or is there another solution that allows me to change jobs legally without the long wait?

Thank you!!

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Re: Changing Employer during Stamp 4 application

Post by mentalmind » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:52 pm

You need to have physical IRP card that says Stamp 4 on it to be considered as Stamp 4 holder, till then whatever is written on your IRP card shows your current permission

lostbanana
Newly Registered
China

Post by lostbanana » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:59 pm

Once I get the Stamp 4 support letter and I have submitted the stamp 4 application, can I then quit, or do I need to stay with the employer until the stamp 4 application is granted?
Thinking about this option because then I can shave off 4 weeks notice period from the timeline.

mentalmind
Member of Standing
Algeria

Post by mentalmind » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:07 pm

You need to have Stamp 4 to be able to work without work permit. So when you start with your new employer you should have valid IRP with Stamp 4 on it, which grants you to work with any employer. Your employer will ask to see your IRP before they hire you, if you can't show them a IRP card with Stamp 4 on it then they wouldn't let you start at your new work otherwise it will be an offence.

Having a support letter, or having new application doesn't prove that you are Stamp 4 holder unfortunately. With immigration topics, especially due to backlog caused by Covid, it's impossible to make precise calculations of when you will get your card. I would wait till you get Stamp 4, if you give your quit notice too early, then you will be unemployed also think that.