ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can ILR acquired father and PBS dependant Son (4 year old born in India) apply citizenship at the same time?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Can ILR acquired father and PBS dependant Son (4 year old born in India) apply citizenship at the same time?

Post by sathish.kannan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:15 pm

Hi,

I am Sathish. I have already acquired my ILR three years back. My son who was born in India came to UK with PBS dependant visa (I was holding Tier-2 visa that time). Both mother and son are holding PBS dependant visa, and its expiring this August. I was looking for extending the dependant visa as they don’t have 5 years continuous stay in UK, but then wanted to check for the possibility of applying citizenship for both me and my son directly. Is it possible to do that, or does both parents need to have ILR to apply citizenship for my son.

Please give me an idea if you know the answer. It’ll be a great help for me.

Thanks

Kind regards,
Sathish

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can ILR acquired father and PBS dependant Son (4 year old born in India) apply citizenship at the same time?

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:00 pm

Children born outside the UK are normally required to have ILR status first.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Re: Can ILR acquired father and PBS dependant Son (4 year old born in India) apply citizenship at the same time?

Post by sathish.kannan » Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:12 pm

Thanks for the response. Can't we apply for citizenship directly for my son even after his mother gets her ILR?

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Post by mesn » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:20 am

T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

sathish.kannan
Newly Registered

Post by sathish.kannan » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Thanks for the link :) It is very helpful.