ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Employment for visa

Post by UKJPN » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Hi all,

I've currently been in my job 3 months and my contract is only temporary. So I'm looking for new jobs..

For the visa, do you have to be in the same job for over 6 months or more.. or is it ok to prove employment in more than 1 job.

So for example my current job let's say 4 months and then prove the other 2 months in a new job?

Is it better for me to wait to change job after applying?

Thank you for any help

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Re: Employment for visa

Post by UKJPN » Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:53 pm

Can anyone advise?

secret.simon

Re: Employment for visa

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:13 pm

To the best of my knowledge, you need to show either six months of a single salaried job or 12 months of income from multiple sources/varied income. But I am not certain. Wait for others to advise further.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Employment

Post by UKJPN » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:32 pm

Hi all,

When applying for a spouse visa I understand that one must prove employment of over £18,600 a year .

An example is:

You’ve worked with the same employer earning £18,600 or more for 6 months or longer.

So I currently work for the council, have done for almost 4 months now..but I've applied for a new job which earns more money. If I got offered the job, can I still apply for my wife's visa or not? Because the 6 months would be reset I guess?

Can anyone confirm ? I don't want to jeopardize the visa.

UKJPN
United Kingdom

Re: Employment

Post by UKJPN » Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:50 pm

Thank you for replying.

Yes if someone can please advise.

Thank you