ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing jobs between naturalisation and passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

geeser
Newly Registered

Changing jobs between naturalisation and passport

Post by geeser » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:41 am

Hi, I have a question.

I received my naturalisation certificate on the 08/03 and on 09/03 I applied for a British passport. I did not scan the naturalisation certificate before sending it off.

I am now being offered a new job, and they want to see evidence I can work in the UK. What should I show? I still have my residence card. Should I go with that and explain that my passport is in the works?

Thanks

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Changing jobs between naturalisation and passport

Post by mesn » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:47 am

geeser wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:41 am
Hi, I have a question.

I received my naturalisation certificate on the 08/03 and on 09/03 I applied for a British passport. I did not scan the naturalisation certificate before sending it off.

I am now being offered a new job, and they want to see evidence I can work in the UK. What should I show? I still have my residence card. Should I go with that and explain that my passport is in the works?

Thanks
You could show your approval eMail or "Right to Work" should show up your eligibility. I think Passports are taking 5-6 weeks to process.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022