ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visiting visa from india

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK visiting visa from india

Post by Joby » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:27 am

Hi,
My mother is visiting uk on a type c-visit visa. Visa valid until 14.09.2022. Entry to uk on 16.03.2022. Visa says duration 180 days multiple entry. Can she stay until 14.09.2022( that will be 182 days continous) .

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Re: UK visiting visa from india

Post by jacsll55 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:07 am

When is the visa valid from?
Normally its valid till the date mentioned.

Joby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Joby » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:21 am

Hi ,

Its valid from 14.03.2022 to 14.09.2022 and says 180 days multiple entry

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:33 pm

She can stay in the UK for any 180 days within that timeframe.

Keep in mind that the date of arrival and the date of departure are not generally counted as being in the UK. Only whole days spent in the UK generally count.

But I would suggest not booking a flight on the very last day. If that flight gets cancelled or delayed, your mother will become an overstayer and that will impact all future applications. I would suggest booking the flight a week or two before the end of the visa period.

Also, in the application form, how many days did she mention that she will stay in the UK for? If she listed a shorter period than six months and stays for the full six months, she may have a problem with getting a visit visa again.

Also keep in mind that Section 4.2 of Appendix V of the UK Immigration Rules requires that the visitor "will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home". If your mother maxs out the six months stay, it will appear to the ECO that she is trying to do precisely that (residing in the UK through frequent or successive visits) and that may be grounds for refusing her next visit visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Joby
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Joby » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:37 pm

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

She requested for 6 months stay. I have got her return flights booked for 13 th of september 2022. So excluding day of entry and exit that would be 180 days. I understand your point regarding chances of flight cancellation.I will check with airlines to get flights changed to earlier dates.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:37 pm

Joby wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:37 pm
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

She requested for 6 months stay. I have got her return flights booked for 13 th of september 2022. So excluding day of entry and exit that would be 180 days. I understand your point regarding chances of flight cancellation.I will check with airlines to get flights changed to earlier dates.
Do that to ensure high chance of success on subsequent applications.