ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child nhs debt

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gasman072
Newly Registered
India

child nhs debt

Post by gasman072 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:10 am

I am a tier 2 skilled worker (5 yr) applying for ILR in 3 months, along with my dependent wife
I have a one yr old child born in the uk

After immense trawling on the forums, it was evident a native passport and visa are not mandatory whilst filling a MN1 form after either of us achieve settled / ILR status

So the issue is about the nhs coverage for the child ... ( since I do not have passport/ brp I cannot exclusively just pay IHS .. i would need to apply for passport/brp/IHS)

Now we had him hospitalised for 2 days, BUT we were not asked / questioned / billed till date

I was unaware of the child 3 month free nhs rule then, but now this could accrue as a NHS debt

So before I apply in the summer, how do I check my child NHS debt as it may be foolish to assume that I have not been challenged hence I am safe.

Gov.uk says "The burden of proof is on the Home Office to prove an NHS debt. The standard of
proof is the balance of probabilities (which means it is more likely that not) but you
must be able provide evidence of the debt if it is contested. You may need to seek
further information from the relevant NHS body."

vinny

Re: child nhs debt

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:18 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gasman072
Newly Registered
India

Post by gasman072 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:37 am

... thats what had raised my eyebrows in the first place and this question !

even the lawyer are a bit perplexed on this ...

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:46 pm

gasman072 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:10 am
So before I apply in the summer, how do I check my child NHS debt as it may be foolish to assume that I have not been challenged hence I am safe.
Contact the Oversea Visitor Manager (or their team) at the hospital you used?

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:54 pm

gasman072 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:37 am
... thats what had raised my eyebrows in the first place and this question !

even the lawyer are a bit perplexed on this ...
From what I recall, because of all those using the NHS without paying, part of the Immigration Act 2014 brought in changes for the NHS. With it was the refusal of a visa to enter or remain if there was £1,000 or more of NHS debt owed. Later that was lowered to £500.00 NHS debt owed.