ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application consideration email

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

erikapgc
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Application consideration email

Post by erikapgc » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:08 am

Tasneempitha wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:59 am
erikapgc wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm
My husband has received the same email exactly on the date it completed 12 weeks since he attended his biometrics appointment (email received on the 1st March 2022). On Monday, 7th March 2022 I called Home Office to know what was happening and they said a decision had already been made on my husband's application and that we should allow 10 working days to receive any further updates. Not 100% happy with this and extremely anxious we called again on the 10th March 2022. The lady I spoke with said the same thing, that a decision had already been made between the time we received that email and the first time I called. She also said that if we didn't receive any update until the 21st March (10 working days from my first call) we should call them again and they would escalate the matter.
What bothers me is the fact that 2 people said a decision has been made but no official email was sent to corroborate that.
Is this normal? If a decision has been made then why are they taking so long to send an email and allow us to collect my husband's passport?
Hie erikapgc! Can i know your biometrics date.
Update: I had called them today. It's still awaiting a decision. And she said all escalation has been suspended this cannot help me!
Hey! So my husband's biometrics appointment was on the 7th December. He is applying from outside the UK. When I called last week they said a decision had already been made so now we are waiting to receive an update regarding his passport. I believe this means my husband's visa was approved (?)
If I don't hear from them by the 21st March I will certainly call again and have this escalated. I completely understand the world situation at the moment but we all paid a lot of money for these visas and we all deserve an answer

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:09 am

Tasneempitha wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:05 am
klownking wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:57 am
This is utter nonsense from the UKVI. No idea how on earth they process the applications.

This is what they mentioned on the website:
UKVI is prioritising Ukraine Family Scheme applications in response to the humanitarian crisis caused by the invasion of Ukraine, and so applications for study, work and family visas may take longer to process.

‘Priority’ and ‘super priority’ visa services have been temporarily suspended for new study, work and family visa applications.

Standard visitor visas are currently taking an average of 6 weeks to process.

UKVI apologise for any inconvenience caused.

You will be contacted by the visa application centre when your passport is ready for collection. Do not attend the visa application centre until you have been invited to do so.

Before applying for your visa, please check the latest information on travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visa decision waiting times: applications outside the UK

I have contacted my MP to ask for the update and let's see what she comes up with.

Will contacting the MP will help? Can she speed up the process?
Well, if your 60Wdays are completed then it might help. The MP can ask for an update and might escalate the case.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:10 am

erikapgc wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:08 am
Tasneempitha wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:59 am
erikapgc wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:41 pm
My husband has received the same email exactly on the date it completed 12 weeks since he attended his biometrics appointment (email received on the 1st March 2022). On Monday, 7th March 2022 I called Home Office to know what was happening and they said a decision had already been made on my husband's application and that we should allow 10 working days to receive any further updates. Not 100% happy with this and extremely anxious we called again on the 10th March 2022. The lady I spoke with said the same thing, that a decision had already been made between the time we received that email and the first time I called. She also said that if we didn't receive any update until the 21st March (10 working days from my first call) we should call them again and they would escalate the matter.
What bothers me is the fact that 2 people said a decision has been made but no official email was sent to corroborate that.
Is this normal? If a decision has been made then why are they taking so long to send an email and allow us to collect my husband's passport?
Hie erikapgc! Can i know your biometrics date.
Update: I had called them today. It's still awaiting a decision. And she said all escalation has been suspended this cannot help me!
Hey! So my husband's biometrics appointment was on the 7th December. He is applying from outside the UK. When I called last week they said a decision had already been made so now we are waiting to receive an update regarding his passport. I believe this means my husband's visa was approved (?)
If I don't hear from them by the 21st March I will certainly call again and have this escalated. I completely understand the world situation at the moment but we all paid a lot of money for these visas and we all deserve an answer

Atleast you got a decision being made inspite of getting the delay email. So by gods grace you lucky. I hope you hear the passport collection news, soon too. Dw once the decision is made they have to give your passport in 15 working days. Let's hope for the best for all of us. Keep us updated.
Pray for us that we get our decisions too as we do not know the timescale for us! Thank you

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:16 pm

Hi,

Just had a very tense conversation with the UKVI customer service employee. Tbh, they have no clue what is going on in the department.

Keep saying the application has been considered and waiting for a decision but can't say anything else. I asked to escalate the case but can't do it and repeated the same sentence "waiting for the decision".

I think the best shot is to contact the MP and escalate the case. We paid almost £4000 for one application and should not have this sort of nonsense reply from the UKVI.

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:21 pm

I feel like calling them and having a heated discussion too... I may just call them now... I've already spent almost £20 in call charges to them

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:23 pm

I think calling them is just a waste, better send them an email for the record. I will be showing the previous emails to my MP.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:09 pm

I am thinking of contacting my MP too. Let's see what they say. I hope it's not a standard reply!

kash112
United Kingdom

Post by kash112 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:19 pm

klownking wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:23 pm
I think calling them is just a waste, better send them an email for the record. I will be showing the previous emails to my MP.
Gud idea...lets do it....and keep updated each other

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:26 pm

I don't see any other option. We paid £4000 for the application. At least they should show some courtesy and give up some updates.

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:04 pm

A tip, if you have already done a paid email previously and got a reply just reply to that email so you don't have to pay again.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:08 pm

j666my wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:04 pm
A tip, if you have already done a paid email previously and got a reply just reply to that email so you don't have to pay again.
This will only work for 5 days. After 5 days they close the query.

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:02 pm

Just spoke to them on the phone, kept on apologising for the delay and blaming it on the Ukraine Russia situation. But the advisor did say those of us that have applied they will process our application ASAP.

klownking
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by klownking » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:20 pm

UKVI is a joke tbh. You cannot really ask anything from the customer service department.

dellledd911
Sri Lanka

Post by dellledd911 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:06 pm

j666my wrote:
Actually, you don't have to pay multiple times if you're following up on the same query. But trust me no matter how much you pay, it's pointless dealing with their staff as they act like scripted robots giving out the same replies. So there's no point in calling them or emailing them multiple times. I have a spouse visa application just like you guys and plus another issue that I have been dealing with them for a month with numerous paid calls and emails and yet no proper response. They took the payments for the initial application that I made, but due to technical problems from their end, their website crashed and gave me an error of payment refused when the payment was taken off my credit card. So they have taken almost 4.5k for my first application which is incomplete and another 4.5k for the second application that I made which went well.

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:10 pm

dellledd911 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:06 pm
j666my wrote:
Actually, you don't have to pay multiple times if you're following up on the same query. But trust me no matter how much you pay, it's pointless dealing with their staff as they act like scripted robots giving out the same replies. So there's no point in calling them or emailing them multiple times. I have a spouse visa application just like you guys and plus another issue that I have been dealing with them for a month with numerous paid calls and emails and yet no proper response. They took the payments for the initial application that I made, but due to technical problems from their end, their website crashed and gave me an error of payment refused when the payment was taken off my credit card. So they have taken almost 4.5k for my first application which is incomplete and another 4.5k for the second application that I made which went well.
Whats your timeline

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 pm

j666my wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:02 pm
Just spoke to them on the phone, kept on apologising for the delay and blaming it on the Ukraine Russia situation. But the advisor did say those of us that have applied they will process our application ASAP.
I just feel they lying that our applications are under process. I think they are only giving Ukrainian's visa's. They just saying that it's under process to keep us calm. Nothing else. I truly believe that they are not processing any applications because uptil now atleast one of us should have got the decision. Those folks who applied before 10 dec got and only after 10 dec applications are facing delays suddenly that too!

j666my
Bangladesh

Post by j666my » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 pm

I sent this email earlier to them

"I am very disappointed with this delay this causing extreme distress to myself and my partner. The least that could've been done is give us a timeframe. We're just left to hope in the blind. We have paid for this service and and feels like you guys are playing with families lives. We applied back in December and i really can't stress how this process and wait is affecting us mentally. I am extremely disappointed and stressed out affecting me on a daily basis. "

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:39 pm

j666my wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:26 pm
I sent this email earlier to them

"I am very disappointed with this delay this causing extreme distress to myself and my partner. The least that could've been done is give us a timeframe. We're just left to hope in the blind. We have paid for this service and and feels like you guys are playing with families lives. We applied back in December and i really can't stress how this process and wait is affecting us mentally. I am extremely disappointed and stressed out affecting me on a daily basis. "
It's not gonna work.... I tried this on the email. They gave me those robotic copy paste answer. I am extremely frustrated right now. We don't even know what happens next. And till when are we gonna wait.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:44 pm

Tasneempitha wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:09 pm
I am thinking of contacting my MP too. Let's see what they say. I hope it's not a standard reply!
J666my keep us updated as to what your MP says!

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:51 pm

Applicant who applied before 10 December get their decision, as my observation home office stop working on our applications after 4 March and don't now when they will refocus on us..... too much disappointed and worried

kirannm
United Kingdom

Post by kirannm » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:08 pm

oh god reading all this is already giving me anxiety and its only the beginning for me :cry: my husband gave his biometrics last week. still have a long way to go! i pray you all get a positive and quick response i’A!
lets keep each other updated <3

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:55 am

Haider81 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:51 pm
Applicant who applied before 10 December get their decision, as my observation home office stop working on our applications after 4 March and don't now when they will refocus on us..... too much disappointed and worried
Hey haider81... Did you contact your mp... Because you and me have almost the same timeline.

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:56 am

kirannm wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:08 pm
oh god reading all this is already giving me anxiety and its only the beginning for me :cry: my husband gave his biometrics last week. still have a long way to go! i pray you all get a positive and quick response i’A!
lets keep each other updated <3
Dont worry dear. May be till your 12 weeks are over this prblm gets resolved and you don't have to wait like us. Inshallah all will be good. Do dua for all of us. My prayers with you too!

Haider81
Pakistan

Post by Haider81 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:13 am

No Tasneempitha I didn't....
I talk to lawyer and he said in this situation MP can't do anything because home office have excuse because of ukraine situation they are busy as they mentioned in their official statement, he said just wait few days more....
We can pray only......
If your MP reply then please update us....

Tasneempitha
India

Post by Tasneempitha » Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:21 am

Haider81 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:13 am
No Tasneempitha I didn't....
I talk to lawyer and he said in this situation MP can't do anything because home office have excuse because of ukraine situation they are busy as they mentioned in their official statement, he said just wait few days more....
We can pray only......
If your MP reply then please update us....
Even I thought of the same as you because they can make the same excuses to the MP as well... But let's give it a try! Shall keep updated