ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(o) application withdrawal after payment but before appointment booking

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

ILR Set(o) application withdrawal after payment but before appointment booking

Post by traveller666 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:51 am

Hi All,

I had to withdraw my wife's ILR Set(o) application after making the payment but before booking any appointment with UKVCAS. I have a record number from when the withdrawal form was submitted. They mention to send a 'Progress Request' form in order to check the status of this request.

Since it is online application, there were no documents to return by UKVI, so assumed it would be quicker to withdraw. It has been over a week and have not received any communication from UKVI and could not find any page on UKVI website with 'Progress Request' form to track progress.

I was wondering if anyone else having experience with the withdrawal process can help with the below?

Wondering on how long UKVI take to respond with a confirmation of cancellation and refund of payment ?
I understand that there will be some delay in payment to get credited to bank account, but would like to know regarding them confirming withdrawal of previous application.
Also, do they specify that we shouldn't create a new application before they confirm cancellation of the old one?

Note: Btw, she still has few months left on current visa, so none of the special conditions related to withdrawal should I apply I guess.

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(o) application withdrawal after payment but before appointment booking

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:17 am

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Set(o) application withdrawal after payment but before appointment booking

Post by traveller666 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:37 am

Hi mate,
That links seems to be specific to IHS charge refund. In our case, its the ILR application fees that got paid once the application was submitted. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:51 am

traveller666 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:37 am
Hi mate,
That links seems to be specific to IHS charge refund. In our case, its the ILR application fees that got paid once the application was submitted. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
This is it here

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:35 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:51 am
traveller666 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:37 am
Hi mate,

Thanks.
This is it here

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Hi,
Thank you for sending the link, In my boringly long original post, I have tried to explain that I followed the process to withdraw(using the above mentioned link) and had added questions following the same, to which I have not found any links/faqs that address it.
For better clarity, I will post the question section below:
I was wondering if anyone else having experience with the withdrawal process can help with the below?

1. Wondering on how long UKVI take to respond with a confirmation of cancellation and refund of payment
I understand that there will be some delay in payment to get credited to bank account, but would like to know mainly regarding them confirming the withdrawal of previous application.
2. Also, do they specify that we shouldn't create a new application before they confirm cancellation of the old one?
3. UKVI confirmation message on submission of withdrawal form says " use 'progress request' form to inquire about status of the request" but could not find UKVI page with that form, did anyone have luck finding it?

Thank you.

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:22 pm

Anyone able to help with the above questions please?

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:58 pm

The refund will come eventually. There might not be any confirmation at all but one morning you will find the credit on your account. Give it 2 months, if still not received file a complaint https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

You can re-apply straightaway after cancellation. At the beginning of the application form, you can also tell them your cancelled UAN, which might help remind them the cancellation and speed up the refund.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 am

ywlgy wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:58 pm
The refund will come eventually. There might not be any confirmation at all but one morning you will find the credit on your account. Give it 2 months, if still not received file a complaint https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration

You can re-apply straightaway after cancellation. At the beginning of the application form, you can also tell them your cancelled UAN, which might help remind them the cancellation and speed up the refund.
Thank you for the answers. So when I re-apply, for the below question I should answer 'Yes' right?

Other Home Office applications

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
(Required)
If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered.

ywlgy
United Kingdom

Post by ywlgy » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:13 am

traveller666 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:10 am
ywlgy wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Thank you for the answers. So when I re-apply, for the below question I should answer 'Yes' right?

Other Home Office applications

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?
(Required)
If you have submitted any other applications to the Home Office which have not yet been decided then submitting this application varies those previous applications. This means that only this application, which you are now completing, will now be considered.
Yes. Technically if you do this, you don't even need to cancel the previous one because it would be automatically cancelled. But it does not harm to do both.
DISCLAIMER: Advice given is based on my past experience and/or my interpretation of Immigration Rules and UKVI documents.

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:23 am

Thanks a lot. Had cancelled the old one already but good to know. Will include in in the new application, so hopefully they will process a bit more faster.

traveller666
Newly Registered
India

Post by traveller666 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:25 pm

For future reference for anyone cancelling UKVI application after making payment.
Adding timeline from personal experience to manage your expectations.

Application type : ILR Set(O) online application
Date of payment : 07 March 2022
Date of cancellation : 07 March 2022
UKVI confirmation email date : 03 April 2022
UKVI promised refund date : within 28 days of receipt of confirmation email.
Actual refund receipt date : 07 April 2022 (credit card refund)

Note: Payment was made using credit card so not sure if refund is any slower/faster when using a debit card was used.