ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India passport reissue no valid visa form

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kbthebear
India

Passport appointment slot - INDIA HCI

Post by kbthebear » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Hi All

Is anyone actually able to see a green coloured appointment slot on the HCI booking page for passport services?

its always either grey or red.

Really disappointing from them

thanks,

kbthebear
India

Submit my old indian passport for reissue in UK

Post by kbthebear » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:01 am

Hi

Got my booking for indian passport re-issue as its expiring. Wanted to know if they physically take my passport off me whilst the new one is being created?
Worried as that is my only ID document

thanks,

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Submit my old indian passport for reissue in UK

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:52 am

Yes you have to submit it but its returned very swiftly, they clip the old passport and return it to you with a stamp stating cancelled.

New passport if delivered separately.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

kbthebear
India

Post by kbthebear » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:02 pm

Thanks so much for the reply, appreciated

I have gone for the taktal service, is it realistic they will process and send back the new passport within the stated 3 working days?

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:45 pm

kbthebear wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:02 pm
Thanks so much for the reply, appreciated

I have gone for the taktal service, is it realistic they will process and send back the new passport within the stated 3 working days?
if the application is straight forward as most are definitely.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

kbthebear
India

Post by kbthebear » Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:59 pm

Will I need to submit a declaration to explain my situation? ie. ILR is pending, however indian passport is expiring etc?

Not sure if its required but they may probe on my address or status in the UK

thanks again,

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:59 pm

kbthebear wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:59 pm
Will I need to submit a declaration to explain my situation? ie. ILR is pending, however indian passport is expiring etc?

Not sure if its required but they may probe on my address or status in the UK

thanks again,
No your ILR has no relation to your indian passort renewal. You have the right and responsibility to get passport renewed until you are an Indian citizen. Its a very easy appointment, you are basically more or less purchasing a passport or availing a service nothing more than that.

kbthebear
India

India passport re-issue Tatkaal

Post by kbthebear » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Hi forum,

I booked a slot for passport services for April which appears fine, then noticed that the HCI website now has a new dropdown option called 'Passport Tatkaal - additional fee'

I already opted in for Tatkaal (faster service) on the original application form. I am wondering if there is going to be any issue when attending the UKVI appointment for submission. I am aware these processing centres will reject applications for any small mistake.

Gut feeling will be a response saying I have chosen the wrong service and will have to start from scratch. Alternatively I can redo the application form and switch it to the standard service then would reflect correctly.

let me know your thoughts - I have asked the same question direct to HCI

thanks,

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: India passport re-issue Tatkaal

Post by dontringthebell » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:11 pm

This is appointment is not with UKVI, its with Indian Consulate through VFS .. if you have opted for tatkal on original application that is fine ... an application is tatkal or not based on the payment you make ... payment would be taken on the day so you are sorted.

kbthebear
India

Re: India passport re-issue Tatkaal

Post by kbthebear » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:32 pm

ah yes apologies, VFS center. Ok maybe over thinking it all. Just found it interesting there is a new selection for tatkaal soley.
Lets see what happens - another issue is the well documented long waiting times regardless of appointment slots. lucky me

thanks

kbthebear
India

INDIA Passport reissue fingerpint requirement

Post by kbthebear » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:26 am

Hi All

The form requires a physical fingerprint via ink

is this to be actioned at the hci passport processing center or to be done your self prior to appointment?

thanks,

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: INDIA Passport reissue fingerpint requirement

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:49 pm

kbthebear wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:26 am
Hi All

The form requires a physical fingerprint via ink

is this to be actioned at the hci passport processing center or to be done your self prior to appointment? by self prior to appointment.

thanks,

mesn
Member of Standing
Mood:
England

Re: Passport appointment slot - INDIA HCI

Post by mesn » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:54 pm

try at mid night india time.
T2G 2015, T2 Switch 2018, ILR 2020, BC 2021, British Passport 2022, OCI 2022

kbthebear
India

India re-issue passport in UK - address

Post by kbthebear » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Hi All

Reviewing my documents to make sure they are complete and accurate, got some questions please;

I have a perm residence in India, however I am living with my British husband in London, Will HCI send the new passport to the UK address? I cannot recall which form/data entry this was to be populated. (I have it listed in 'other address' and 'emergency contact details' on the application form.) Please advise

Is it correct to take 2 or 4 photos to the appointment? a lot of conflicting information online

I can opt for HCI to arrange the return of my documents, by courier? rather than me sending pre populated envelopes

thanks,

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: India re-issue passport in UK - address

Post by dontringthebell » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:46 pm

kbthebear wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:47 pm
Hi All

Reviewing my documents to make sure they are complete and accurate, got some questions please;

I have a perm residence in India, however I am living with my British husband in London, Will HCI send the new passport to the UK address?UK addressI cannot recall which form/data entry this was to be populated. (I have it listed in 'other address' and 'emergency contact details' on the application form.) Please advise

Is it correct to take 2 or 4 photos to the appointment? a lot of conflicting information online 2

I can opt for HCI to arrange the return of my documents, by courier? rather than me sending pre populated envelopes vfs service costs higher by around £5

thanks,

kbthebear
India

Indian passport reissue questions

Post by kbthebear » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:12 pm

Hi Again

Sorry have a few more questions

Passport photo HAS to be in 2inch x 2inch format? These are quite expensive in the UK to produce!

Passport photo to be attached 1 on the application form, and the other on the Particulars form? or to be handed to the agent as a spare?

Will the agent at the appointment actually check and help me with the documents? (intend to glue the photos down infront of them) but also I am not quite sure what address I should be putting down as permanent vs the 'place'

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Indian passport reissue questions

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:24 pm

Can you please keep all your questions about the same application in ONE topic. This one, merged again.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:52 pm

kbthebear wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:12 pm
Hi Again

Sorry have a few more questions

Passport photo HAS to be in 2inch x 2inch format? These are quite expensive in the UK to produce!it is what it is

Passport photo to be attached 1 on the application form, and the other on the Particulars form? or to be handed to the agent as a spare? carry them to the appointment alongwith a gluestick

Will the agent at the appointment actually check and help me with the documents? (intend to glue the photos down infront of them) but also I am not quite sure what address I should be putting down as permanent vs the 'place' permanent address for Indian citizen is the address on your present passport / your address in India, if however its different to address on your present passport you may need to provide address proof.

Thanks

kbthebear
India

Post by kbthebear » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:03 pm

Final question on this topic, my appointment is due in a few days!

A few sources on the internet suggest I need 2 copies of all the supporting documents? is this true?

currently I will attend the appointment with the following;
2/3 copies of application form (spares just in case an issue with fingerprint etc) (+2 photos in 2inch format)
Covering letter with attestation
Declaration form completed
Particulars form completed
Annex form completed
BRP with attestation
My passport scanned with attestation
Proof of address with attestation
Marriage certification with attestation from both myself and Husband
Husbands British passport scan with attestation

Please let me know if I am missing anything and if numerous copies are required
thanks!

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:18 pm

kbthebear wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:03 pm
Final question on this topic, my appointment is due in a few days!

A few sources on the internet suggest I need 2 copies of all the supporting documents? is this true? its indeed good to cRry 2 copies for being safe. Usually one set of photocopies is submitted

currently I will attend the appointment with the following;
2/3 copies of application form (spares just in case an issue with fingerprint etc) (+2 photos in 2inch format)
Covering letter with attestation
Declaration form completed
Particulars form completed
Annex form completed
BRP with attestation
My passport scanned with attestation
Proof of address with attestation
Marriage certification with attestation from both myself and Husband
Husbands British passport scan with attestation

Please let me know if I am missing anything and if numerous copies are required
thanks!
also carry appointment printout.

kbthebear
India

India passport reissue no valid visa form

Post by kbthebear » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:45 am

Hi again

i was contacted by HCI today (from yesterdays submission of passport appointment)

I was told to obtain a 'no visa validation form' to proceed, i am not able to find this form anywhere online, is anyone able to point me to the right place?

I had already put in a covering letter to state that my passport is expired, and i already had ILR application pending.

Please help as this is now super urgent
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:55 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:24 pm
Can you please keep all your questions about the same application in ONE topic. This one, merged again.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kbthebear
India

Re: India passport reissue no valid visa form

Post by kbthebear » Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:36 pm

form located after they called me back! will let you know if any other events are of concern!

kbthebear
India

Re: India passport reissue

Post by kbthebear » Tue May 03, 2022 10:22 am

update on this if anyone was interested

Passport is now created and I am awaiting for it to be dispatched back to me, Any idea how long this will take? I assume it will be sent to DX courier today as the last update on tracking showed on Saturday 1st May

opinion - never use fast track service in India or similar countries

kbthebear
India

Re: India passport reissue no valid visa form

Post by kbthebear » Tue May 03, 2022 10:25 am

is this the last tracking update I will get? or another to say its actually been dispatched?

"Passport has been handed over by the Embassy/Consulate to the OSP executive for further dispatch to the applicant."