ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i apply for naturalisation with a different id

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yaofficial232
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Can i apply for naturalisation with a different id

Post by yaofficial232 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:36 pm

I lost my brp (which i am applying for replacement ) and was wondering if i can apply naturalisation with an ilr

but i read on the requirements

" *If you used one of these documents when you took the Knowledge of Life in the UK test you will be expected to use it again by enclosing it with your naturalisation application. "

i used a brp to do the life in the uk test but i lost it and want to use an ilr for the naturalisation application

has anyone applied for naturalisation with a different id then the one they used for the life in the uk

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Can i apply for naturalisation with a different id

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:44 am

People sometimes do loose their ID or passports inbetween taking tests and the application!
It is not an issue, just use your passport and your letter confirming ILR.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

yaofficial232
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yaofficial232 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:56 pm

hi thanks for the response

i dont have a passport only a indefinite leave to remain but it has no photo attached can i use that ? or will i require a photo id (which means i have to wait for my brp)

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:16 pm

What do you travel with? Do you have a Travel Document issued by the Home Office?
The BRP is an ID but what do you as an ID now? I think the application will ask whether you have a passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

yaofficial232
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yaofficial232 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:19 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:16 pm
What do you travel with? Do you have a Travel Document issued by the Home Office?
I have never travelled outside of the uk since i got here at 3 years old , was issued an ilr when i arrived
The BRP is an ID but what do you as an ID now? I think the application will ask whether you have a passport.
i have never had a passport
but i use my indefinite leave to remain document ? it was accepted as a form of id for my brp application and im wondering if it will be accepted for my naturalisation application since it has no photo attached

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:50 pm

Valid Photo ID may not be required for the application itself (though an explanation will have to be given) as your biometrics will be taken at the appointment with UKVCAS - but you have to prove your identity to the UKBCAS agent (note they are not UKVI caseworkers). For most people that's a passport.
Can only suggest you get in touch with UKVCAS - you can draft your application online but don't submit/pay until you are clear what the requirements are.
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support

yaofficial232
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yaofficial232 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:56 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:50 pm
Valid Photo ID may not be required for the application itself (though an explanation will have to be given) as your biometrics will be taken at the appointment with UKVCAS - but you have to prove your identity to the UKBCAS agent (note they are not UKVI caseworkers). For most people that's a passport.
Can only suggest you get in touch with UKVCAS - you can draft your application online but don't submit/pay until you are clear what the requirements are.
thanks so much i appreciate the support

that was all i needed i wont need this thread anymore

yaofficial232
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by yaofficial232 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:56 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:50 pm
thanks so much i appreciate the support

that was all i needed i wont need this thread anymore

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:58 pm

OK, good luck, but if you do have further queries continue in this thread to keep everything together.